Rigging Lines

shamus

Registered Member
For those interested in high leads and heel booms, here are some drawings of them

Shamus

Attachments

• rigginglines.jpg
    rigginglines.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 354

jon-monon

Paulsen-Knudsen Pullies Corp. is very interested in the drawins. I think the wheel diameter is much larger than we discussed. Some of those in the drawin are almost as big around as the logs themselves, no? Maybe 12"? :D :D :D Got one 5"er I'm gunna post after a few minutes. :D :D :D

Steam Donkey

Ahhhhh......diagrams for people like me. Now this is good info. Does anybody know where a fellow can purchase the blocks and other metal wheely thingys found on the spar poles?

Stan

jon-monon

Coworker saw me and asked what I was shootin' and I showed him the pully and he went into shock. He's a modeler too...

The wheel is 1/16" dia., about that wide too. The wire is stuck through holding it until I find something better to use. Attempts at using a brass brad as a rivet failed :(

Attachments

• fin3.jpg
    fin3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 211

shamus

Registered Member
Looking rather good Jon,
Can't wait to use them :D

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Originally posted by Steam Donkey
Does anybody know where a fellow can purchase the blocks and other metal wheely thingys found on the spar poles?

Stan, To the best of my knoweledge, Paulsen-Knudsen Pullies Corp. is the only manufacturer of fine, scale, functional pullies on teh planet. Unfortunately, there is quite a backlog, and to complicate matters, all the the "wheel" part of the pullies, manufactured to date, were stored in one container which just fell 1000's of scale feet to the floor. :( Some will say old man Knudsen is just tryin to run the prices up. I say I got alot of pickin up to do :( Thank God we don't have carpet!

Jon, Foreman Paulsen-Knudsen Pullies Corp.
"Is that a genuine P-K-P Pully holding that log over your little plastic head?"

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Thanks Shamus and Jon for the inspiration.
I want something like this for my logging area so the diagrams and how to will be saved till I reach that point.

jon-monon

proto2 is up. I just added them to the bottom of pg1 drawing. This is a 3/32" real or 8" HO and is much easier to manufacture, as it is all brass. The stainless is very hard to debur, and little plastic people were breaking their little plastic arms off on the lapping machine. There is a kadee #5 for size reference. I am now crosseyed.:eek:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
these blocks measure 9" in HO scale. They are made for model ships, I got these from "the ship chandler", a hobby shop in Mount Prospect, Il.. They are cast pewter, the manufacturer's name is unknown to me right now. I don't have record, and there are several who make ship parts.

Attachments

• block1.jpg
    block1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 348

shamus

Registered Member
Hey Pete, I really like those pullies, are they Billings Boats parts.

BTW, I posted your 2shays.

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

These new pullies really have little plastic people at P-K-P sweatin' plast bricks! They see layoffs, soup lines, don'tcha feel bad Pete??? :D :D :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
These new pullies really have little plastic people at P-K-P sweatin' plast bricks! They see layoffs, soup lines, don'tcha feel bad Pete???

Nope. (I been unable to find work since being layed off LAST january!)

Are those babies functional? They sure look like it!

They're one piece cast, there's holes for stringin' the thread.

I really like those pullies, are they Billings Boats parts.

Model Shipways comes to mind, but I'd have to get back to the Ship Chandler to find out for sure.
Pete

Supplier

Originally posted by Steam Donkey
Ahhhhh......diagrams for people like me. Now this is good info. Does anybody know where a fellow can purchase the blocks and other metal wheely thingys found on the spar poles?

Stan

Stan, I just got all my pulleys, etc from "Rio Grande Models Ltd" You can search for Rio Grande or email Dave @

david@ironhorsehobbies.com

His service was very good!

Drew

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Drew, some items can be bought from "Billings Boats" they are really for boats, but some are ideal for H0 - Don't know if they have a website or not.

Shamus
wink.gif

Rusty Stumps

Originally posted by sumpter250
these blocks measure 9" in HO scale. They are made for model ships, I got these from "the ship chandler", a hobby shop in Mount Prospect, Il.. They are cast pewter, the manufacturer's name is unknown to me right now. I don't have record, and there are several who make ship parts.

Sumpter, Do you have a website address for The Ship Chandler" or an address?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Do you have a website address for The Ship Chandler" or an address?

I don't have the address here, and because the store is outside my local calling area, it's not listed in my phone book.
I don't think the store itself has a website, but the group the store sponsors might.(management is a member)
The store is, The Ship Chandler, and it is on Northwest Highway, in Mt. Prospect, Il.. I need to get down there soon, so will get the info and post it for you.
Pete