Rest in peace Scott Carpenter

ASC Mclaren

Today I got to work and was sadden by the news that space pioneer Scott Carpenter died today. Several years ago I visited the Naval undersea museum in Keyport, Washington and was excited to see the endcap to Sealab II, where Carpenter spent time exploring the sea after his Mercury flight. I am at a loss as to how to express my feelings in honor his passing. But in a forum with so many who love and model aerospace exploration, I think that some of you also feel the passing of history.

gideon1962

Many of us I'm sure grew up watching Carpenter, Armstrong, and their kind make our dreams a reality. Let us hope that coming generations will carry on their legacy of exploration. Best wishes Scott, as you embark on the greatest adventure of all.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It brought tears to me eyes. He had a good full life but he is a REAL hero, someone to look up to. Fewer people like that, or maybe, they just don't get the publicity they deserve. I say that because we lost a 22 year old soldier in our town in Afghanistan, and it just Fkn sucks. I found out both of these things at the same time, and it was a bit too much for me. Brave men, past, present, and still in harm's way. Our Heroes. God Bless them all.

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Details-of-New-Fairfield-soldier-s-death-released-4795382.php

Todd LoBraico Jr. on left with his father, a Police officer, on his right.

628x471.jpg