Reis Concrete

jmarksbery

:wave: It's me again, I got 10 pictures to upload so please be patient.
I used everything I had in the scrap box to build this thing including: bic lighter parts, 3 AA batteries, clear plastic tube my twissers came in etc. It is a big business in a small space, it has it's own spur and the LPB's are to busy to be messin with a customer as a box car is coming in and they need to load it with concrete blocks to be moved out later today. I thought I would give you a walk around to have a look for yourself. So here we go!
The first is a overall view=

Attachments

• Reis Overall.jpg
    Reis Overall.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 310

jmarksbery

4th ;) did you notice how dry it is here? The drive with all the cracks?

Attachments

• Reis back rt.jpg
    Reis back rt.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 315

jmarksbery

Sorry, got one out of place, this is the left end looking down the rusty overgrown track

Attachments

• Reis Lt end.jpg
    Reis Lt end.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 297

jmarksbery

:rolleyes: 10th and last, the box car is in the hole and now the real work begans. I hope you enjoy viewing this as much as I did scratching the hell out of it. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I yes I have a rough plan for this. OH, as most of you know this is N-Scale. C U Later, Jim

Attachments

• Reis inthehole.jpg
    Reis inthehole.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 284
Hi Jim,

You did a wonderful job on scratch building and your weathering is as good as it gets. Thanks for sharing. Ron :thumb: :wave:

jmarksbery

:wave: Thanks folks, Dick, I use what is called rough cut brick sheet styrene, when you use an alc/india ink wash it just makes the brick pop out. ;)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A unique structure Jim. Very well made. Now about those batteries, I guess if they corrode then it will add to the look of them as rust stains and such.