rc helicopter

PaperAir

I got a rc helicopter for Christmas an indoor one .after playing with it for a few days I got hit with the bug.I now have an order in for a 3 channel outdoor one .want to work my way up to the 6 channel one.funny how a simple toy can grow into a hobby.DSCF0606.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is a cool little helicopter. If you can, take a video of it flying, post it to YouTube, and then post it here.
I am looking forward to seeing the others that you will graduate to!
GOOD LUCK with them!
I fully understand how a toy can lead into a hobby. That is how I got into paper model building in the first place!

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Nice PaperAir, watching a few flybys would be cool!

@Rhaven Blaack "I fully understand how a toy can lead into a hobby. That is how I got into paper model building in the first place!" Me too, started by doing a simple FIFA world cup trophy for a thing a work back in 2010. Hooked from then! ;)

(Same trophy got rebuilt for last years World Cup ;))

PaperAir

the new one came in 18 inches long.3 channel outdoor one.come on spring!!!DSCF0648.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0648.JPG
    DSCF0648.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have a coper that a cyclic control. These get very difficult fast. Don't do anything till you can get it to hover, and move from there. The only thing mine does not have is collective, but that is tied into the throttle. It becomes a a handful fast, but they are a blast to fly. Quite amazing actually. ;)

PaperAir

what size is yours they say the small ones are more diffacult to fly.I read the larger ones fly easyer.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The smaller ones are more difficult because everything happens faster, but with big ones, things happen slower, but also take longer to correct, so it is kind of a wash out. Mine has a cyclic control that was not well though out. They put the throttle on the forward movement and it change the throttle setting. The cyclic should be clean. I may rearrange the controls by checking the values of the potentiometers, and redoing the control. It does great side to side maneuvers but I would definitely not try to flip it. The collective is tied to the throttle. These little buggers are fun to fly. I like to do landings in tight places, but getting into ground flight, where the copter is pushing off the ground gets trick, and it is better to bring them down with extreme prejudice! Mine is really tiny, to answer your question. It has no tail rotor, by does have cyclic control. I plan to move up, but I am so tight on money, no more toys till the M.G. is well on it's way. :)

PaperAir

no tail rotor have not seen any like that .sounds like an advanced one six channel right?i.m landing the indoor one really well.after a couple of crashes of course.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
A bit more advanced than yours, but yours is very stable. You can control it well. What mine does, is the ability to fly sideways. That is what Cyclic control does. :)

PaperAir

the 4 channel I,m getting next month will have that ability.then up to 6 channels with throttle control.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I know a guy that flies RC helo's for a living... both for stunts in TV and film and as camera platforms for TV and films. his favorite trick is to take off climb to roughly half the rotorspan then flip inverted and fly his whole rutine upside down.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
me personaly I can barely fly my little 3 channel park flyer