Printer bed not very flat

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Hi all,
I've been a member of Zealot for a very long time but haven't been active for about 10 or so years. I was invited to share my 3D printing experience and I will make a better introduction in that section.

I bought my first 3D printer, an Ender 3 Pro about about two years ago. Actually, the one I'm using now I bought about a year ago but it has been in storage for six month before I unboxed and assembled it. Had a pretty steep learning curve since that first printer. One big problem I have that seems to affect most Enders is that the printing bed is not flat; it dips in the center. I saw a YouTube video on this and the guy had a good fix. He uses Post-it notes to build up the middle to get a better flat top that the magnetic bed sits on. Worked GREAT but I wanted to use something else that was not paper and transferred het better.

I decided to use aluminum foil. I used gradually larger circles stacked on each other to spread out the lift. In all total, I have 5 circles from about 3" diameter to just inside the limits of the bed. I had to deal with the foil moving around when I lifted up the magnetic pad from the bed. I used a VERY tiny drop of super glue between the circles (1 on each quadrant) and not there is virtually no movement when I lift up the pad. If it does shift the whole stack moves together and is very easy to reposition.

Hope this helps!
Ron Caudillo

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I read lots of good reviews on the Ender printers. It sounds to be a very solid machine. I don't have a printer yet but I'm fascinated by the possibilities. There are countless great models and even action figures available on the web which are not available elsewhere. I have Jabba's Boba's Palace on pre-order and will certainly make use of 3d printing to populate and decorate it. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would reach out to that company, they may send you a new bed, if you advise them on how many people (a forum's worth) has just read your observation. Sometimes they have unannounced recalls, and they wait for people to call them. Worth a try. :)