Polish T-55 in Czechoslovakia in 1968

JaCkyL

Hello
Another dug out of the closet model. As it usually happens with me I always have several projects. The title T-55 GPM was to be assumed model of a typical relaxation holiday. To what so far is glued together created about 3 years ago now it was his turn to finish. I watched myself what paper mached long ago and found it a shame something like this show. The decision was made about painting.
So it was not so simple I chose painting of Czechoslovakia in 1968, "Operation Danube"
00_zpsae8f9f29.jpg

The biggest problem is the development of GPM wheels, a thick bandage spoils the whole effect model. Once paper mached these wheels are not looking for conformity with reality, now it is for me unacceptable. It was a colleague walked in possession of the wheels of the BAT-M with model-whom, laser-cut parts and remnants of the cutouts. They will be useful!

02_zps6eff5d12.jpg

I also have a small, but very useful booklet Top-shot Kagero with a photo documentation of the T-55.
A long time ago I equipped also in laser caterpillars, also manufactured by GPM, the time to use them.

03_zps3fe7008e.jpg

04_zps0dc3882f.jpg

Model today looks like this:

05_zps8fbd6f5f.jpg

06_zpsb7b89b52.jpg

Poor wheel will land in the garbage.

07_zps26ddd9f5.jpg

Regards :)

JaCkyL

Long ago begun barrel-extra fuel tanks. I corrected by. images, and somehow it now seems. All screws in plastic profile model is cut to size. No more delamination a laser cut "nuts" money down the drain.

12_zps60303814.jpg

Basic tanks and fuel system. I had a bit of a puzzle as to be located fuel lines. There are too many images on the Internet. All cables with copper wire, rubber combined with rubber insulation from the wires. Any hose clamps from the mainstream of aluminum foil.
08_zps656cf9e4.jpg

Detail:
10_zpsb91bf53a.jpg

11_zps11eec417.jpg

09_zps2c2b8fc1.jpg

:)

JaCkyL

Suspension practically over, contained in the model dry, it must be movable, until the paint. Everything keeps on toothpicks :)
In the last picture profiles with which I do all the screws in this model.
13_zpse061ddde.jpg

14_zps26adec7a.jpg

15_zpsb2fcea0e.jpg

16_zps79224fea.jpg

JaCkyL

Continued wheels. They reached all of the wires on each side imitation rubber lugs on the bandage wheels.
In addition, comparison of wheels with cutouts glued a long time ago and the new based on the parts of the models Modelkom
30_zps9rkvtpwn.jpg

Placed on dry, so a little crookedly. We will have to play with the wheels set straight because right now it is cramped. All wheels and suspension as standard for me I put on toothpicks.
26_zps3qklobrz.jpg

27_zpsywwsohx8.jpg

28_zps5ruz1dnl.jpg

Model-kom vs. GPM
32_zpstkl4en2g.jpg

31_zpsq2sfnsnb.jpg

Yet feed wheel here added only screws and so.
29_zps1azqyg8p.jpg

The drive wheels is again a mix of wheels from the BAT-M Modelkom and the production of GPM, much more is Bat-m.

33_zpslbjap0ka.jpg

;)

JaCkyL

Terribly slowly picks geese to T-55 :) And there are those downloaded from the Internet;)
One cell is 20 parts to cut, shape and glue. I have 11 cells. 169 yet ...
35_zpsej4p1cyw.jpg

36_zpszczv3wlf.jpg

37_zpshfle0hkx.jpg

:D

JaCkyL

Small steps forward all the time.
I made a grid over the engine and any cover. Everything is open, though not always exactly closes. It has to be, I will not combine, model, and so will be presented with open lids.
38_zpszyjyu5tr.jpg

39_zpscjmkhadp.jpg

40_zpsl1odjnjv.jpg

41_zpscfotftzw.jpg

42_zpspsguaakc.jpg

JaCkyL

I am again ;)
Something stirred by my T-55, so show.
Most came from the front - fenders, lamps and other trinkets. Hinges flip fenders made from aluminum, paper certainly would not withstand the opening and closing. One day I would have it stick permanently.
43_zpsglp3e1mb.jpg

44_zpsqpsdpqw0.jpg

45_zpss2br2q9t.jpg

46_zps3nxz8ba6.jpg

47_zpshnfwqxqt.jpg

48_zpsk3toxivd.jpg

On the back I glued already fixed barrel and a total of a little more ;)
49_zpsvhyrnxlt.jpg

50_zps7tmslo4g.jpg

Today:
51_zpsypeurclo.jpg

JaCkyL

Ok, now I will keep. Questions? I'll try to answer them all.
Now I do caterpillars so quickly nothing new will. :headbange:
Best regards! :rolllaughing:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic, I am in awe! Do you have liquid Electrical Tape in your country? It makes for very realistic rubber when painted in thin layers on paper wheels. The bottles look like this in the U.S.

Liquid Tape.jpg

DanBKing

Dan the Man
OMFG!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

The detail that you are adding to this model is unbelievable!!!!!
I love seeing good detailing work like this.
You attention to detail is mind-blowing!!!
You have my respect, Sir!! :bowdown:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Fantastic, I am in awe! Do you have liquid Electrical Tape in your country? It makes for very realistic rubber when painted in thin layers on paper wheels. The bottles look like this in the U.S.

View attachment 148270
Ahhh...That is exactly what I need for another beta build in the works!!!!! I can now shelve the idea of a mold and black silicon for some treads I have to create as a continuous band! Thanks!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Great!!! This stuff actually has many uses, like water proofing, hand/rub rails. I made a road surface but painting the paper road on a sheet of paper,, painting the road, and using some (I believe) 200 grit sand paper just before it dried, and that left the texture in the surface. Lots of uses. Also works great as insulation for wires, especially for hard to reach areas. :)

JaCkyL

I do not know this fluid and I'd rather not look. My wheels just paint :)
Good idea but not this time.
Thanks for support!

JaCkyL

All the time forward ...
Two pieces boxes :) Added "clips" any photoetched elements that probably would have been nicer, but I'm stubborn and try to do as much as possible himself.
52_zpsr5vnonri.jpg

53_zpsdrxe1gnh.jpg

54_zpsn2ddlyst.jpg

He made exhale, a total simple item added only cover and holes in the main element. Cover made of aluminum.
55_zps6h81y6pp.jpg

And so it looks together, not glued boxes.
56_zpsftnpoy0r.jpg

JaCkyL

The theme of today's episode is the tower.
Skeleton at least modest.
57_zpsdgfqmuxc.jpg

Sheathing stuck in the air, without any major problems without undue effort to: D Everything will still be sanded, painted and so on. Do not do as I do: D From the center of virtually all skin stuck strips of thin paper into the printer.
60_zpskbhelolu.jpg

59_zpsgzz9wxe7.jpg

58_zpsid2u8zrg.jpg

I stuck on the base covers, a little detail. Some details completely reworked in relation to the cut-outs, and and so not everything is as it should be. I have a lot of photos, which does not accelerate work ...
61_zps6cbznffa.jpg

62_zpslsc4hggv.jpg

63_zpsjaxfa2vd.jpg

64_zpse2sai4ri.jpg

Glued some time ago "yoke" or cus, whatever it is - fixing works. Of course, it does not fit. Will be cut.
65_zps6z9iuxwv.jpg

Do mojego teciaka posiadam drewnianą lufę dostępną w GPM. Fajna, tylko ma jeden feler... Poprawimy.
66_zpsk0pyjyub.jpg

At the end of the tower to the frame, of course dry, does not have any attachment.
67_zpssovq1r5q.jpg

68_zpsubmiqr6f.jpg

Best regards :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
For this kind of model, pain is more than enough. For cars, motorcycles, the liquid tape method adds much realism, that would be lost in a model that has such little rubber, and paint is more than enough. :)