Pirate flying boats

goodduck

The references I collected is not consistent, of course. And I give up long ago to try to make thing anime accurate. I do try to stay close, though. But my skill set is not there. Close enough is good enough nowadays, get stuff off the plate while having fun doing it is my goal. Or at least finish the 3d models I started. I only eyeball the boat size base on Porco, by the way.

01.jpg02.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That looks fantastic! I agree, if you are stuck eyeballing is the right way to go. I know that from experience. The main thing is to capture the essence of the vehicle. Keep it on, please! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@goodduck I am very glad to see you back! :Drinks:
I think that you are doing a FANTASTIC JOB on designing this plane! I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

goodduck

My freelance job has been keeping me busy day and night. After work, I don't want to look at the computer anymore. But dammit... Address the cockpit to make it more to scale. Will have to dig out the movie to study how the wing attaches to the boat after things rough out. Going have to do interior too, don't think I can get away without any interior. ...need to build some model kits to get me off the computer.08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
:) I had no idea you were working on this. I say you have captured the spirit of this craft as well as could be expected by anyone. It looks great!! Great thread!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I can see this thing coming to life! I think that you are doing a FANTASTIC JOB!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I might consider revisiting the wingtips, they look a bit out of scale for such a wing. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to wait until I have time to see the watch the film again.

This pictures, from the Anime, shows the proper proportions. Just add formers to the tip, and round the edge, stuff you easily know how to do. :)

PR FB Gd.jpg

goodduck

I just finished watching... well, only the boat scenes and took tons of screengrab. And of course, the consistency of the boat design is none existence. Funny, I never noticed the inconsistency until I look at it frame to frame. I guess they can't afford to hire a checker for their studio. Anyway, I think I will pick the best parts I like, put them together and run with it. The fuselage is good enough though, but everything else has to start over. Hope I can put in a few hours on the boat this weekend before my job gets busy again.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
They were all over the place in that movie. :)