Photos...

SLOW

Nov 18, 2002
buffalo ny
Visit site
Here are some photos of my N Scale layout. As you can tell, it is a work in progress. I do not have any people yet as I have not been able to find N scale people.

Attachments

• train3.jpg
    train3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 233
Re:

The first photo I posted...the flag I made right after 911. It is made of one ply of toilet tissue dipped in wattered down elmer's glue. I painted it using a tooth pick.

Attachments

• train6.jpg
    train6.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 231
Wow, great shot Slow! Lookit those wide open spaces. N scale is so cool that way.

BTW I know that Preiser makes some really nice N-scale people. They use larger models (O-scale?) for the originals and then pantograph them down to HO and N. You should be able to find them at Walthers for a start.

http://www.walthers.com

Here's a sample

Attachments

• preiser.gif
    preiser.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 223
Re:

In the photo above, my digital camera gives a green hue to everything. I haven't figured out how to solve the problem. The pond is acturally blue. It is made up of layers of polyearthane mixed with blue water color paint. I made a divey in my homosoat boad to give the water some depth. I poored a little polyearthane and let it dry...poored a little more and let it dry...until it was full.

Attachments

• train8.jpg
    train8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 216
re:

In the photo above, the brown building is made of wooden match sticks which I stained and polyearthaned. It took me two months of pain stakeing work to build it.

Hi Slow, you stated that your river was blue in an earlier photo, okay, it's now blue plus a few more trees added and a simple background sky.

Tyson, it's your go next.

Shamus
wink.gif

Attachments

• train6.jpg
    train6.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 73