Photography Game?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Any idea what year you took that shot of the Broadway Limited, Charlie? I rode that train in 1977 to go to college as a freshman. It was an exciting trip for me, first time away from home and traveling any distance by myself. I had a roomette in one of the sleepers.

Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
If only I'd been more attentive at the time! Actually I don't think I had a chance to see the head end equipment in NY when boarding. We approached the train from the rear. I was feeling rushed in Chicago to make my connection so I probably fast walked right by the locomotives on my way to the next platform! I would love to say I have a visual memory of an E8!
Ralph

L

lester perry

I just saw this thread and hope I get this right I don't Have any Amtrak pics. I do have this passenger pic

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Cumbres and Toltec Scenic RR, engine #484 K-36 mudhen
attachment.php

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Ex-CPR locos 136 (4-4-0) and 1057 (4-6-0) on the TH&B's Brantford Line, in the Fall of 1973.

Wayne

Wayne, thanks for that! I'm guessing they made a couple of trips to Brantford, because I remember my dad taking me to the TH&B station in Brantford to see those locos. We then drove out to Cainesville to see them head out of town.

That was after the CBC aired the National Dream miniseries, so that would have been 1974 or 75.

L

lester perry

I guess I got us to steam but the locomotive I showed was C&O 614. Now for more steam. don't know the number. but know it is PRR museum in Strasburg Pa 2008. The handsom fellow is my grandson Jon 3 years old