PDO (pepakura) tools

imcold

Hi, I created an utility program that extracts and converts vector and image data from Pepakura PDO format.
It allows you further easy editation of the unfolded 2D data from PDO on multiple platforms.

The main goal is to have a proper SVG exporter, because the vector format exports provided by Pepakura Designer were not suitable for comfortable editing in other tools (Inkscape in my case), they don't export the texture and are not available in Pepakura Viewer. The secondary goal is to allow viewing PDO contents even on unsupported platforms (anything besides Windows).

I hope you'll find it useful. Link: http://satd.sk/web/pdotools/

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
thank you , although I am still learning cadware and don't know much about this, I might use this later, so thanks again right now.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This sounds like it will be VERY useful!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, I created an utility program that extracts and converts vector and image data from Pepakura PDO format.
It allows you further easy editation of the unfolded 2D data from PDO on multiple platforms.

The main goal is to have a proper SVG exporter, because the vector format exports provided by Pepakura Designer were not suitable for comfortable editing in other tools (Inkscape in my case), they don't export the texture and are not available in Pepakura Viewer. The secondary goal is to allow viewing PDO contents even on unsupported platforms (anything besides Windows).

I hope you'll find it useful. Link: http://satd.sk/web/pdotools/

SO does it not work with Windows? :)

imcold

It does. Poor word choice on my side. Probably this would be better:
"The secondary goal is to allow viewing PDO contents even on platforms that Pepakura Viewer doesn't support"

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
For all the griping people do about their Macs, someone should send you one. I don't have one. If I did, I'd give it to you. In all seriousness though, ARMORMAN might be someone to contact, if you don't know him, he is a member here, tell him I sent you. Maybe he can get something going with you to help out the Apple people. :)

imcold

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to PM him.
Next version coming out soon, with support for exporting tabs in SVG.

imcold

New (several, actually) version is out: PDO tools. Notable additions: fold line export, PDF support, a lot of speedups, fixed reading of some PDO files that couldn't be read before.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Find a kid, call him yours, and buy Rhino3D for $199, student liscense, full, same as commercial. Then you have a real CAD program. Pepakura is, to be honest, stealing your ability to make real things. I say things, because you can design virtually anything in Rhino3D. You can get the FREE, BETA version of Rhino for Mac by visiting this site : https://www.rhino3d.com/mac :)

imcold

Pepa is just for unfolding. $200 is way too much for something used sparsely (and for the free Mac version I'd need a free Mac first), Wings3d suits me fine.