Paul Templar RIP

brakie

I just read on RR-L and RRF of Paul's passing..Paul had emphysema and lung cancer..He was known as "Shamus"

My deepest condolences to his family..

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
From Qube at AMR

Shamus - R.I.P - 14th March 1937 / 23rd November 2008

I am sorry to report that at 4am GMT on 23rd November 2008, Shamus passed away in his sleep.

The doctors and nurses at the charity run Telford Hospice did an excellent job in making his last few days as comfortable as possible.

At loosing my father I am devastated, but a part of me is comforted that he is no longer suffering.

If any members in the UK would like to attend the funeral I will post details when I have them.

Shamus, Dad, you will be sorely missed.

C

Catt

The man fought the good fight,now he is at peace.

Like Robin,he will be missed for a long time :sad:

Paul,my friend may you rest in peace.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I still have the Walthers catalog, with pics of his layout in it.

RIP, my friend...........You're in a better place now.
My condolences to the family.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
While the news is not completely unexpected I am grieved to hear it. I wish all comfort and peace to Paul's family.

Ralph

spitfire

The model railroading world has lost one of its best and brightest. My heartfelt condolences to his family and many many friends. He will be missed.

Val

Herc Driver

I am so sorry to hear of his passing and please accept my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Isn't it amazing how many people on several continents his life and excellent work touched and inspired. He made a difference and added enjoyment to so many lives.

I like many others are deeply saddened by our loss of a great man. I would like to pass on condolonces to his family..Ron.

ezdays

Out AZ way
This is a hard thing, regardless of how it was expected. We are all sorry to here the news since we all felt close to Paul. He spent a good many years here on the Gauge before starting his own forum. His work as a musician and a modeler will leave a mark that will be difficult to beat by anyone.

N

nachoman

Truly one of the greats. Is legacy will be the inspiration and imagination he left in all of us.

steamhead

Very saddened by Paul's passing...His work is an inspiration to many of us...So we will be putting a part of him in our "work". My condolences to his family and many friends.

Even knowing it was inevitable -- I was not prepared for actually hearing this sad news.
My thoughts & prayers are with Paul & his family. Pauls family numbers in the thousands as we all are part of it.
R.I.P. Paul.

Climax1880

Paul...rest now with the angels

We never met, Paul, well almost once. You had completed one of your masterpieces and I said, "Well, now that you're finished with that you can come by and help me. I know he smiled as he replied, "Okay, but you pay the airfare." At that point , being green in this hobby, it took me a moment to realize that he was in England. Now I wished that I had. But not to worry Paul, we will meet someday. Christians never say 'goodbye' just 'see ya later'.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I was just browsing through the "face behind a name" thread and came across this...
attachment.php

It's four years old but hey, that don't matter none. We'll miss you kind sir.

ezdays

Out AZ way
This was posted on AMR. It's a fine tribute that Qube will be keeping AMR on line.

Thank you all for your very kind words.

Quote:
if there is any charity that a small donation could be made to, please let us know.
The hospice which took care of his every need in the end was http://www.severnhospice.org.uk/index.htm He could not of been made any more comfortable. Unfortunately, the hospice only gets 1/3 of it's funding from the government (typical).

They have a donate button which requires registration but if any members wish to use the quicker paypal donate button on this site I will make sure all donations get to them when I fly over for the funeral.

Future of AMR :

I know some of you may be wondering what will happen to AMR now that Shamus has passed. AMR will not be closing and will continue on, just as Shamus would of wanted it to. Although I personally have no interest in model railroading I will continue to fund the server for as long as members wish to be part of AMR
smile.gif
- Shamus may be no longer able to post, but he will always be part of AMR.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Saturday evening, and Sunday were busy, so I wasn't able to see this sooner.

Paul, you were an inspiration to many of us. You were a friend to many more. If I have any regret, it would be that I never had the chance to meet with you, and discuss model railroading over good food and drink at the local pub. I did, however, have the chance to discuss model railroading over a great board, here at "The-Gauge", "Big Blue". I will miss those discussions, at least until such time as I join you, God willing, on the vast, eternal "website" that you've gone to.
I am blessed to have been able to build, and send to you, the things I did, and blessed that you received them well. It matters not, that no one else knows what, and when. It matters only that you were pleased, and considering the quality of your work, I can only feel honored that you were pleased with my humble efforts.
Where you are now, my friend, there are far better than me to discuss model railroading with, and far more time for it, and far better "pubs" to enjoy it in. Be at peace, modelmaker, teacher, musician, friend. That far green country, into a rising sun, beyond white shores, is yours now. Take comfort, for it is there for you, take joy, for there is no need for sorrow now, concern yourself not for us, for we will meet again. The joy of that renewed friendship, will well compensate the sorrow of this parting.
Blessed, and bettered am I for having known you.
Pete

Russ Bellinis

Even though it has been expected, this is the post I have been dreading since I first heard of his problem with cancer on top of the emphysema. You will be missed, Paul. May God bless you and your family.