Papermau is gone

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Mauther's Blogspot was attacked by a trojan/ virus, and hijacked, from what I have read. Mauther has stated he has no intention of starting his website, as it never made a profit, and to be shut down by a (0r a group_ of assholes, would deter me also.

Hopefully he can come up with a solution. If not, many fantastic models are gone forever. :realmad:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is too bad. I am sorry to hear that. I hope that he is able to come up with a solution for this issue.
Both he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have communicated with Mauther, and all his data is intact, but he has been hacked, and he closed the website down to prevent other people from possibly being infected. That was very considerate and the right thing to do. Some jerk with nothing better to do just took down a website that offered many people a good respite.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I AM SPEECHLESS! :sadno:

Mauther has provided us with so many unique and wonderful models and news. I really enjoyed his blog and hearing that it has ceased to exist makes me very, very sad.

I really hope that Mauther finds a way to continue.

@mauther , please don't give up. I wish you all the strength needed to continue.

Marcell

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
A great leader in our passion has been hurt.

The action against him was harm to many.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
He can be contacted on this forum. He is a member here. He has told me he is trying to find what in his forum caused the "problem". Maybe he is absent, not gone. ;)

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
I really hate the site is gone. Have stopped in almost everyday over the last 10 years. Was hoping to get his next model of the 1980s Movie Theater.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
It takes a lot to run a blog or forum. Especially when it isn't profitable. You take a lot of abuse from people you don't even know, then other people attack your forum or blog, with virus's . All this time, you start to wonder why you even do this. i used to make a sh*tload of models, but running a forum took the time and passion out of it. I enjoy helping and seeing other people's work, but after a while, especially when somebody makes a demand or just can't enjoy the forum the way it is, gets tiring. I've been smeared by people I don't even know and have been sent hateful letters that I can only say, if I ever ran into those people in real life, they would sweat bullets because I am not one who suffers fools, and project that. I am always well armed, and my martial arts training takes care of the times when I don't have to resort to external armament. My how brave some people are behind the veil of the internet. My hands are registered as lethal weapons where I live, after an incident where I was attacked and maybe could have responded a bit less violently, but in my defense, it was a complete stranger, and I was not charged, he was a wanted felon and is presently serving a 10 year sentence. So I must take care with people, and suffer their slings and arrows, and hope to God they hit me first, or at least try, or, best of all, just leave me alone.

Living with this state of mind because of a paper model forum makes me wonder why I bother with this at all. I can understand where Mauther is coming from. I don't think he is gone, and may pop up in some different format. I have extended all possible help this forum can offer. So no one need contact him about that.

This forum has a fantastic group of members, it's the only reason I stay. A lot have not posted lately, but I hope they do return, life does goes on, and priorities change.

Mauther offered some really unique and highly artistic models. Once could easily make a town or village out of his models, and have a display to be proud of.