Paperguitar's Red Special

Wendigo

So, a quick model for this summer: Bryan May's Red Special from paperguitar.com.

Building follows the same steps as other guitars and I will point out only the differences.

DSCF0049.JPG
No tabs, instead I used 1.5 mm cardboard.

DSCF0007.JPG

The two parts are united. Also you can see the switches prior to separation.DSCF0010.JPGDSCF0011.JPGDSCF0012.JPG

Wendigo

DSCF0013.JPG
DSCF0015.JPG
The fretboard - I used 1 and 1.5 mm cardboard

DSCF0017.JPG
The neck and the bridges.

DSCF0018.JPG
DSCF0019.JPG
Bridges and the parts for the tuning keys.

Wendigo

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0021.JPG
The saddle is made from 2mm cardboard bricks (tiny ones :nuts:) and painted - sorry for the quality of the photos, it's because I used the supermacro function of the camera.

DSCF0023.JPG
This is how I made the strings: cut a thin strip of paper, fixed it (it's important to have a little tension for it to stay straight), pour superglue on it's length and when it's dry paint it. Only then can it be removed from the clams.

DSCF0024.jpg
DSCF0027.JPG
DSCF0028.JPG
The stand is made from soldered wire from paperclips and in the ends there is white glue (the one I use for papermodels).

2Kamser

now if we could only find a to scale Brian May :D
immaculate build, just awsome
i have the Gibson LP on my build list, thanks for the inspiration

peter taft

WOW ! now that's a COOOOOL guitar build - EXCELLENT work and a guitar worth doing :thumb:. I'd like to see a Gibson SG Cherry paper model too.

Wendigo

Thank you guys for your input!
I remember not being so enthusiastic about the guitars given the fact they were made from so few parts but a couple of details here and there, details easy to do, and you've got some excellent models, in fact, the Red Special is the best model I've built so far. When I'll do the next one I'll use glossy photo paper - it'll have more detail in the textures :twisted:.