P2K Pere Marquette E7

Conrail

Does anyone here have a P2K Pere Marquette / C&O E7? I just recieved mine and the color doesent look right to me. The yellow looks more like a buttermilk color rather than the typical yellow I am used to seeing on my other C&O equipment. Didn't know if this was correct as all I can find are B&W photos of the prototype. Thank you.

Conrail

I wil post a pic tonight when the wife gets home with the camera so you guys/ ladies can see what I'm talking about.

Conrail

Here are the pics

P9170004.jpg

P9170005.jpg

Conrail

stuart_canada said:
you posting a pic of the wife or the locomotive....might have something to trade if she has a nice digital camera

Pics of the loco's above.
Olympus E-300, but I'm keepin that :D .... I might keep her too.... but those Broadway Limited C&O E8's commin out next month look pretty nice, so.................

CN1

No sweat! That's all I could find too :wave:

if I come across somethig else I'll let you know

G'day

Russ Bellinis

Yellow is one of the colors that will weather and fade faster than almost anything else except maybe red. How long would the yellow stay bright on those locomotives before it started fading?

Conrail

I'm just curious if this is painted this way to be prototypical. I have ordered a P2K BL-2 that has a diffent shade of blue (lighter) then I have seen on higher numbered BL-2's of the same manufacture. I also found a pic of another P2K Pere Marquette C&O E7 that had a higher road number and darker yellow. Maybe P2K was being more realistic than I had given them credit for.