One of the Best things I have found in awhile!

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Go Here and Press Start

Every Dot is a Radio Station with Web access...You can find TONS of STATIONS all over the WORLD!!

Reminds me of the old Telefunken Console we brought back from Germany. Had AM, FM, Short Wave, Long Wave and a bunch of other things... spent hours turning that dial and finding stuff around the world! This is just like that but WAY better... no Ghosting or white noise or echo... nice CLEAR-CLEAN sound! Listening to the Climate Change Talks Coverage in Poland right now! From New Mexico!!

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Kanichwa Mate! I tuned into Radio Manchester if there was any build up for Sunday's Liverpool vs ManUtd game.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
yep!! I listened to the local station, where I used to live in England... Like old home week!
I couldn't get local stations very well as I live too far away and behind several mountain ranges...Not any more... come in clear as a bell! The only problem I have is being able to see the dots!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have a 1960 H.H. Scott FM Tube Tuner, with a large dial, and two mew settings 1.2 and 1.9 I believe. You get all the old radio stations with it!! It's extremely rare, I have never seen another one that allowed you to set the stereo separation., I also have a HH Scott LC290 amp, that the Scott museum wants from me. I was offered $5000 for it, but I am keeping it. 12AX7's still kicking!! Going to hook them up to my 1969 Whardale speakers one of these days. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I like FM stations that aren't "Companded". This is done to prevent receivers that cannot play a full frequency response, they squeeze the sound bandwidth, with gives, if you are listening, a muffled sound, a lot of people don't notice, especially if your playing through you cars sound system, but as car sound systems have improved, hopefully this practice will go away. In the 1970's, "Boom Boxes" used to come with what was called a "Beat Switch", this was a filter to filter out bass waves that could not be reproduced, andd caused a "beat" thumping sound. The electronics did not exist at the time to do it automatically, not on inexpensive stuff anyways. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Not much else, except classical, Jazz, well, I guess there is much else. ;)