Oh Joy... Not again.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Just checking in from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, about to board a flight to Cincinnati, Denver, then finally San Diego. Minor emergency with the new granddaughter... I am quickly growing an aversion to airports.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I hope that you have a safe and uneventful flight. I hope and pray that your granddaughter is OK and all is well. Both you and your family are in my thought prayers.

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
On the ground in Denver for a 4 hour layover...

The son called his mother Wednesday, said, "If I buy y'all tickets can y'all come take care of the baby till my wife gets well?" Bobbi said sure, so here we are.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Thanks for all the prayers, We made it to San Diego safe and sound.

My step son is home for a few more days, but his ship left port here without him, so he has to fly to Hawaii and meet it. Hope his wife gets better quick, so the wife and I can go home.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Just a quick update, it's looking like I may be here a while... My son flies out to meet his ship Wednesday, Op-Sec rules are in place so I cannot discuss that any more. But my daughter in law cannot drive, no one ever taught her, so I have to teach her to drive, and get her DL. might be stuck here in Cali for months.

Reactions: mijob

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Ship spotting from the front balcony/walkway...

a passenger ship of some sort out in Dan Diego bay.... 36X digital zoom.
20210916_114212.jpg

A USN LCS (Littoral Combat Ship) also out in the bay, but this pic is 50X digital zoom...
20210916_114233.jpg

Note 20 Ultra has a great camera, if I had a stand for it, I could even shoot 4K video with up to 20X digital zoom...
50X is the max zoom for photos.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Could anybody have better Grandparents?.......NO!!! :)

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
An 8 month journey is finally at an end, it was decided for us to bring the granddaughter, Aria, home to Georgia with us. I drove as far as I could between rest stops, and condensed a 4 day, 3 night trip into 3 days and just two overnights at motels. The Days Inn By Wyndam in Ozark AZ gets a 5 star rating, but $111 USD a night. The Travel Inn in Weatherford OK only gets a 3 star, but it was only $64 USD a night.

We made it home at 0031 last night. Now to get the house back in order and baby proofed.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Soiunds like quite a job. Personally, I don't like to fly unless I'm the pilot. You get that way after you learn how to fly for yourself, paranoid! :)

Reactions: Awry_Chaos

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
An 8 month journey is finally at an end, it was decided for us to bring the granddaughter, Aria, home to Georgia with us. I drove as far as I could between rest stops, and condensed a 4 day, 3 night trip into 3 days and just two overnights at motels. The Days Inn By Wyndam in Ozark AZ gets a 5 star rating, but $111 USD a night. The Travel Inn in Weatherford OK only gets a 3 star, but it was only $64 USD a night.

We made it home at 0031 last night. Now to get the house back in order and baby proofed.
I'm glad you made it back home!

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Yea, flew out on Frontier Airlines... but drove my sons car back. Daughter in law never made more than an excuse of an attempt to learn to drive. Her next posting is in Washington state, and she couldn't take her daughter. After Washington state, she gets a month leave, then reports to a shore posting on Yokosuka Japan.

Reactions: Awry_Chaos

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Yea, flew out on Frontier Airlines... but drove my sons car back. Daughter in law never made more than an excuse of an attempt to learn to drive. Her next posting is in Washington state, and she couldn't take her daughter. After Washington state, she gets a month leave, then reports to a shore posting on Yokosuka Japan.
I bet things are exciting in the Navy these days! Someday, your son and daughter-in-law are going to have some good stories to tell!

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I bet things are exciting in the Navy these days! Someday, your son and daughter-in-law are going to have some good stories to tell!
Right now they are both just dealing with the stress of being separated. My step son, Ryan, was Pinned as an STG3 back in Jan, and his wife did her eval for STG3 at the end of Feb. Ryan's ship is in a maintenance cycle, and will be drydocked for months.