Next build: Steampunk :)

will69

The wings are mounted. There was some missfitting and I had to reinforce the joints to get a good hold. I used spare parts ( the bands at the wingroots, last picture) to cover up the gaps that were reinforced.

IMG_3628.jpg IMG_3629.jpg IMG_3636.jpg IMG_3639.jpg IMG_3638.jpg

As I said before, the nosecone also had fittingproblems. I had to cut of some petals on the underside. I covered up the gap with a spare part ( the band,) You can also see the reinforment done on the wing.

IMG_3634.jpg

/ Wilhelm

will69

:headbange::headbange::headbange: I then noticed that I hade managed to switch place on the middle part.
eek.gif
Because the engine parts did not aligne. But I have some ideas to clear this misstake

IMG_3635.jpg

More to come.....

/ Wilhelm

will69

Some more engine-parts. I needed to strenghen the pipes that attache the engine to the body. I used rolled paper over a drinking-straw and then covered everything with the pipe-parts. I omitted the bends because they were to fiddely and teared easily

IMG_3753.jpg IMG_3756.jpg IMG_3757.jpg

And here are the engines attached to the body

IMG_3758.jpg IMG_3759.jpg IMG_3760.jpg IMG_3761.jpg

Hope you like it.....
/ Wilhelm

will69

The tailplanes and windshield
IMG_3828.jpg IMG_3829.jpg

And the skids. I had to remake them because the sag. I laminated the skids with cardstock, total 3 mm. I made an extra leg in front of the skids, as you can see in the pictures
IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3897.jpg IMG_3896.jpg

When I put the plane on the skids the body was to heavy and saged in the middle. So I made an extra skid.. thumbsup
IMG_3898.jpg
/ Wilhelm

will69

Here is the finished model.
Conclusion:
A model with a lot of missalignments, Not all parts fitted and needed corrected. It has no internal formers, that is a must for a model as big as this on, the wingspan is about 60 cm. But it is a nice model in the end. But you have to put at lot of work in to it. I use 3 copies of this model in the end :wink:. A word of advice: Dryfit the parts before glueing.

Now to the pictures:

IMG_3902.jpg IMG_3905.jpg IMG_3907.jpg IMG_3908.jpg IMG_3909.jpg IMG_3911.jpg IMG_3916.jpg

From above and the underside:

IMG_3912.jpg IMG_3913.jpg IMG_3914.jpg

A black and white one...
IMG_3920.jpg

Thank you for the encouring word and that you had the patients to follow this thread.

On to the next model....

/ Wilhelm

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The imperfection fits the Steampunk, and you pulled it off well by making it fit together. Good advice. Great build. ;)