new to the forum

B&Mfan

Hello everyone. I am a fellow n scaler looking to be part of a model railroad community like yourselves. I am a huge fan of the Boston & Maine railroad as I am from New England. I model the steam/diesel transition and am in the process of dismantling my old layout and starting a new one. I enjoy looking at other people's work to gain ideas and insights into our hobby. Hopefully you will be hearing/seeing my own progress. Until then, good bye.

Chris

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Welcome aboard Chris! Best wishes on starting the new layout. That's always an exciting time. I have some B&M freight cars on my Penn Central themed layout. I always liked their loco schemes too.
Ralph

Biased turkey

Welcome Chris, you are at the right place here at The Gauge with a bunch of friendly members always willing to help.

Jacques

Herc Driver

Hey a B & M Fan...all-right! (Having flown for Pan Am...now part of Guilford...or is Guilford part of Pan Am - it's getting hard to keep up - I like watching those new england diesels run through the fall colors.)

Welcome!

B&Mfan

Thanks everybody. I check out the forum at least once a day. Lots of helpfull advice and knowledge being shared. I'm currently laying track (positioning) for my new layout. I will try to post pics when I get the track/cork in place. I am modeling the Boston and Maine during the early 50's. Not quite sure which part of the B&M, but I do have Canadian National & Rutland locos. The B&M shared trackage with these roads and the Central Vermont in the Bellows Falls, Vt area. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as finalize the track/cork milestone.

Chris

Biased turkey

I'm modeling the Canadian National ( there is some CN trackage 50 yards down the road ) , but I didn't know that CN shares some trackage with the B&M. Another good opportunity for me to purchase some "foreign" engines and rolling stock for my layout.
Can you please suggest a good quality ( reliable ) B&M 4 axles diesel engine.
I'm looking forward to see the first pictures of your layout.

Jacques