New Old School Cylon parts ive remodeled

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, the gauntlet came together wonderfully. Excellent build. This will be such an awesome suit. :)

kevlary

Well thanks Guys i realy appreciate the support , one day i will have completed all the missing parts to this toaster, and everyone else too!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The gauntlet looks really good.
I am looking forward to seeing how the whole set of armor comes together.

kevlary

Gauntlet with Blaster

Well folks its been a while but i finally started to piece together the other Gauntlet , and its fits perfectly, just the blaster part on the front to finish off and then there ready for the next phase. Just remember to scale these Gauntlets or you will run into problems with fitting later. scale using the longest measurement that being wrist to elbow and scale accordingly i am sure all you costume makers no this anyway but just for the benefit of the ones that dont
If you got this far then well done and hopefuly if you produced this better then thats a bonus.:thumb:
DSCF7524.jpg

DSCF7526.jpg

DSCF7527.jpg

DSCF7529.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF7530.jpg
    DSCF7530.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF7532.jpg
    DSCF7532.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF7533.jpg
    DSCF7533.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF7546.jpg
    DSCF7546.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF7547.jpg
    DSCF7547.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 37

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That looks FRAKKING AWSOME!!!
This project (as a whole) is really coming together quite well indeed!!!
I have to say that I am very IMPRESSED with it.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Rogerio Silva

2nd!

That looks FRAKKING AWSOME!!!
This project (as a whole) is really coming together quite well indeed!!!
I have to say that I am very IMPRESSED with it.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Second that, totally agreed, and adding: please, let us see more pics of it! I'll be even more interested when it comes to give it that metallic look... :thumb: :cool: :thumb: :cool:

kevlary

Thanks guys for the morale and support in keeping this project going
The smoothing off all the facets should be fun when it comes to doing that. The beauty about card modelling the basic structure is you can fill over sand off any imperfections with body filler for nice chamfered edges and resin to give it that quality feel, realy looking forward to getting tucked in to doing that I can say.

:thumb:

kevlary

Supports to help old there shape

Here Ive added some copper wire on the inside to help hold its shape , the card tended to twist and pull slightly to one side but this is a work around plus when it comes to adding resin in layers it will not distort it shape at each end plus copper wire deforms nicely just for the after little tweaks that you want to make.

I used a waterproof PVA resin based glue, and cut out strips of card and cut grooves along the card so it would deform nicely around the inside of the wrist and elbow sections and glued over the copper wire to hold it in place.

To get the circumference for the wire i used a large glue pot and the lense section on my camera and wrapped it around them to deform it, i made it slightly larger so that it would force against the inside of the wrist section and elbow section, i taped some place holders just so the copper wire would not drop down , while i was applying strips of card glued over the top. well if you run into any difficulties with this part here is the fix.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF7556.jpg
    DSCF7556.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF7554.jpg
    DSCF7554.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF7565.jpg
    DSCF7565.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF7560.jpg
    DSCF7560.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF7564.jpg
    DSCF7564.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 26

stilgarhammer

They look great. I have one concern on the right gauntlet, I feel the recesses on the top are too deep. I have a set that was modeled off a screen used suit and the recesses are about half as deep than they appear on your design. Everything else looks great.

stilgar

kevlary

Well thanks for spotting any errors , when I come to resin and filling, these recesses will become more shallow hopefuly. I worked from Photo refeences to make the gauntlets and sometimes it can be difficult to perceive depth of certain things unless you have the real deal to take measurements , hopefuly things will become more apparrant when I produce a more finished version still a way to go in getting the finished thing, thanks for letting me no these need to be more shallow though.

kevlary

Well thankyou for your help and support stilgar I will bear that in mind when I come to doing some of the other bits and pieces, it is very much appeciated :thumb: