New Member: dick8299

dick8299

Hi, I am new to this forum. As a way of introduction, I am a retired automotive engineer living in Louisville KY. I have a small HO layout that I have been working on since I was 14 years old (that is when I bought the layout book) and I am sorry to say it is still a long way from being finished. All the track is laid and wired and all works, except I have found that the scenicing is very difficult. (I am an engineer, not an artist). I am also involved in virtual railroading on my computer, which makes it easier to create sceniced layouts. I run RailWorks for the simulation and use 3D Canvas for creating the 3D models. I look forward to participating in this forum as well as using it for a resource for my creations.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the Forum dick8299. I would sure be interested in seeing pictures of your layout, and as I play with CAD, of your 3D work as well. I love trains. I have had various layouts but just don't have the space, nor the proper wife. That's my fault because I have too much of my stuff laying about. Welcome, and post many pics!:thumb:

dick8299

Here is the state of my HO Layout in my basement work room:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

dick8299

Note: Due to new member posting rules, the pictures of my actual HO layout will be posted after this post, so the postings are not in the correct order

Here is the same Layout in RailWorks 2 Train Simulator:

Screenshot_MyLayout_-000210--000230_12-00-42.png

dick8299

I am going to make a second attempt at posting the pictures of my actual HO layout. Maybe putting three pictures in one post is not allowed.

001.jpg

inky

Looking good so far, a lot still to be done but it is going to look great once completed. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Z

Zathros

That is an awesome set up. I wish I had that to start with. Looks like a a lot of fun and tinkering about going on there.!