New kits arrived!

goodduck

Been eyeballing those Uplift kits for years, and finally, add them to my collections. The one I like the most is the alfa Romeo Giulia, that baby is sexiest ~ at least to me. But so happen that is the one without interior! Bummer! And for ¥3,240, I do hope Giulia do come with an open hood with engine and trunk like the other three kits. The fifth book is Kamen Rider #1 1/1 scale helmet kit! Holy Batman! I wanted one since I don't know when. It was all dumb luck I ran into it. I hope they offer Kamen Rider #3 also. Soon as I find some time I'll be scanning them for prosperity and maybe even build them if my works slow down a bit.

20190926_185054.jpg20190926_185239.jpg20190926_185158.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would have purchased the Giulia 1300 GTA. Interesting though. What's the bug dude from? :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Those look GREAT!
I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

goodduck

The Uplift Models are different from any paper models in my collection. Just opening the package makes me feel Iike this is something special. The print job is first class. The instructions layout have that plastic model kit feel to it. Everything very clear. But something strange, though. Uplift print all the body parts on yellow textured paper, and almost everything else on smooth white paper, makes me scratching my head. ??? Maybe that's why it is unique. But I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. I am sorry to say too I 'm disappointed with the Giulia. For an expensive model, not only it has no interior; it has no engine, no trunk. I am a little sad about that. Anyway. I am planning to take them to Staples to have them scan, and hopefully, the scan will not pick up the rough paper texture.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Excellent information. I had no idea they were paper, and you had all of them. A big "DUH!" on my part. :)

goodduck

I don't have all (because they are not cheap) only four that I like the most. Maybe someday I will buy a few more.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You aren't kidding!! I was surprize by how expensive these wer. ThBe that as it may, I was also surprised by how big they are!! The Giuliani should have had an interior though, considering the price, and that the other cars do. I an other too, I imagine, really look forward to seeing your builds of these models. They are all over EBAY by the way, so if you're interested, you can shop for the best price there. ;)