New Here

skidoosnopro

Hello to all of you I am John from Portland,OR .Moved out here from green bay wi . I moved out here a year ago due to a bad family sitituation and am finally getting back into doing a hobby . I love the Ideal of paper models, it is a medium I have not used before . I am working on Duey from sillent running and then I am going to do the 1/6 scale Ed -209 . Any one here from Portland it would be nice to hear from you .:thumb::wave:

Z

Zathros

Hello John from Portland, Portlandia happens to be my favorite show right now. Is there any truth to that (other than the Parody). It kind of seems like a nice place to live.

Would like to see some pics of the Duey model. We love pictures!! :)

inky

Welcome John, great to have you here. I have been to Portland a few times and liked it there. Look forward to seeing some of your builds.

RobTACP

Hi John, Welcome, I'm pretty new here too. I just moved to the Seattle area from Portland last summer. They are always comparing/contrasting the two places, now I'm experiencing them both. We liked Portland a lot but have to give points to this area for being next to the water.

skidoosnopro

I am working on the Duey now when ready I will post some pics . I have been working so darn much I can not seem to keep up

skidoosnopro

Here is my Duey not done yet more to work in the way of details but he is coming along
6837924630_b6ab54f40c_m.jpg

Z

Zathros

One of my favorite all times movies. It could be because of my youth when I first saw it. Regardless, very nice build! :)

skidoosnopro

Thank you so much!! I have plans wit this one then I am going to make all three of them in a smaller scale in a shadow box for a scene from the movie

skidoosnopro

Hey TabithaH thank you so much . I am sure yours are fine everyone here seems great and I am sure you could post your pictures and get help and advice with out feeling like an amateur !!

Here is my next use of paper . I am going to make all thress of the little guys in black and white and make this scene from the movie . Only my heart can't take loosing one of them so it will be differant :)
6842853708_c7cb5db6d3_m.jpg

skidoosnopro

Well I have done more work on the littel guy . I added his arm and side vent .I also added a 3d pc to make the cover on both his sides. I also added the 3d pc on the top . I am trying give this model more dimensions so it looks better . I just need to figure out a nice base for it . So any sugestions ?

7007798053_3377026c1f_m.jpg
7007792983_89b410b191_m.jpg
6861677214_c182dc375f_m.jpg

Z

Zathros

Very cool! I'd think a diorama scene from the movie would be awesome. UHU02's model of this ship is the wrong scale(though it is pretty big) but a section of it could make a good reference for a diorama.

skidoosnopro

Well I got a lot more done this weekend . I am liking this design and having fun adding little details . I made the feet 3 demensional with help from microsoft paint . I made up the tops of the programing cards and added the side braces for the chassis . So all in all having alot of fun and will be doing even more . Oh yeah and I got rid of the white around the control face and added more of demension to the face .
6870427162_cb2efdcf0c_m.jpg
7016535493_87e2325f38_m.jpg
6870426562_246056b555_m.jpg

and here is my phot stream if anyone wants to see larger pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40236945@N08

Z

Zathros

Your going to be making a full size one pretty soon I imagine. The texturing and 3D feet really make the model "POP". Very nice! Kid of keeps the movie alive too. :)

(it seems that "tabitha" was SPAM after all, waste of a good avatar name)

skidoosnopro

YOU know I was laying awake during my nap before work tonight thinking about a full size one . I have the demensions for it so I was thinking of all the things I could do LOLOL My wife says I am a dork . I will have to wait on this one until we get in a new house though . And thanks for the compliments I still have more to do and then onto the B-17 . I just need a decent model to start with on that ?