New CP caboose

spitfire

Picked up 3 new True Line Trains CP cabeese today. I got 2 with block lettering and one with script. Although the script lettering is a tiny bit too modern for 1956, I like it! :)

Here's a couple shots showing the incredible detail on these models, including the marker lights.

Attachments

• P1010156.JPG
    P1010156.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010154.JPG
    P1010154.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 11

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
They are very nice... although I haven't seen the CP ones in the flesh, the CN ones are pretty sharp.

doctorwayne

Those look good, Val, and it's nice to see that they're not just a re-paint of the CNR ones. These might even be a good starting point for the TH&B cabooses that I was going to scratchbuild, although I'll have to check my photos.

Wayne

spitfire

Thanks all!

Wayne, just a note on the end rails. They are made of delrin, that slippery plastic, and will be rather tricky to paint.

Val

doctorwayne

Yeah, same as the CNR ones. I used Tamiya acrylics, applied with an airbrush, to blend the colours, although you'll need to disassemble things to get good coverage. It seemed to stand up well through the reassembly process, anyway. Here's A Link ;)

Wayne

cn nutbar

hi val---nice to see you back on track---you don't have to convince me that these cabeeses by true line trains are beauties---your's looks great and the background scenery really stands out as well---apparently there will be more cabooses for other railroads coming---if you do a google search for "modeltrains.com" then click on "true line trains" on the homepage,there is a list available with pictures as well---hope to see more of your layout---thanks,nutbar

msowsun

I just got mine today. I think it looks even better than the CNR version.

8f581bc8.jpg

de8f46dc.jpg

ef17f8ad.jpg

7bc23061.jpg

6e2ff824.jpg

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
OOOOO I can't wait! I need to pick up a couple of these this weekend! Hopefully the LHS has some. [keeps fingers crossed]