New Contest This one is for a Prize

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
How about another? My wife and I used to live in this little mountain cabin up in the Ponderosa pines near Prescott, AZ. Boy, I sure miss this place. Anyways, the existing house was just the top half and we were very seriously considering adding on the whole bottom half (hence the plans and elevations).
mtn_house_flr_plan.jpg

mtn_house_frnt_elevation.jpg

mtn_house_rear_elevation.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Since nobody else seems to be participating just yet, I hope you don't mind if I add another. This example was a ranch style house I designed from scratch for our property near Prescott. It never got built.:cry: This one's probably a bit more complicated than what you are looking for.

ranch_house_plans.jpg

ranch_house_elevs.jpg

rlundy90

My entry is based on this hotel built in 1897 and destroyed by fire in 1914. It would be nice to bring it back to life. This is the only picture I could find so I had to guess on what the other three sides looked like. I have to post this twice as there are 7 files and only six are allowed. Sorry I couldn't give you CAD drawings but even if I did have the program I wouldn't know how to use it. First the original picture then the drawings on the next post. Thanks, Ron.

Attachments

• ron's pics#1 588.jpg
    ron's pics#1 588.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 32

rlundy90

Here are the drawings for the hotel. Thanks, Ron

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 31
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 28
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 30
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 35
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 29

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
That is a neat building. Good job on the drawings as well. It's nice to see an entry from somebody other than me.

rlundy90

Thanks TrainNut. Wish I had a CAD program and knew how to use it though. Took me three days to do up those drawings. Hopefully I will have time to do one more.This hotel was from a small town close to where I grew up and have some more neat buildings I would like to model.But figured if the hotel by some miracle wins it would be great as I want to build it for my layout.If it became a kit it would be that much easier.Ron.By the way, really like the feed building.

rlundy90

My second entry is a livery stable that belonged to my Grandfather and Great Grandfather in the 1920s. This is the only known picture of this building. It was originally red with white trim and roof. Ron

Attachments

• ron's pics#1 594.jpg
    ron's pics#1 594.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 34
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 29
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28

Gary Pfeil

Just opened this thread for the first time and think it's an awesome idea. I can't provide drawings or even dimensions, nor the other two sides of the building, but post this photo just out of a desire to be able to buy a kit of the structure. The roof line of the shelter over the platform is what gives this station its appeal. Would you be able to duplicate it?

The station itself seems ordinary and the unseen sides could be made similar to other similar stations.

In fact, the station could be offered with or without the extended roof over the platform. The station itself seems generic.

Sorry to post this on a contest thread, I obviously don't intend it as an entry, just a suggestion for a future model to be designed by yourself....unless someone wants to prepare a drawing based on the photo? Heh heh

Attachments

• P1010132a.jpg
    P1010132a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 27

Edavillenut

i can do just about any think i can figure out how to draw.

right now i am working on some detailed truses for a customer who is building an engine house with full interior. i will post some pics so every one can see what can be done

keep the drawings and ideas comming

MilesWestern

Is this structure too complicated? I have the drawings (with measurements) if you'd be willing to tackle this structure. Also, I know quite a few people who have looked to have this kit built.

perris1.jpg

Edavillenut

At this time i can not do brick.

i am working on finding a material that will work and look good.

i will keep that building in mind once i figure out how to do brick.

thanks
shawn

Is this structure too complicated? I have the drawings (with measurements) if you'd be willing to tackle this structure. Also, I know quite a few people who have looked to have this kit built.

perris1.jpg

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Contest%20020.jpg
I'm a month late and more than a dollar short, but I didn't see a winner announced so here is my entry.
It isn't as classy as Ron's, but if you've ever traveled the country by car you will know it at a glance. It isn't from any prototype, but it could fit on most any layout. I have the specs if you are still interested. Been fighting with my CAD program to get it here (just goes to show how often I use the CAD). :rolleyes:

rlundy90

Edavillenut have you looked at the plastruct #91611 Brick. I have only used it on an old branchline warehouse I bought, but it seems to look ok. Only thing I found is that if you are painting it with acrylics you will have to give it a coat of dullcoat first. Ron.

MilesWestern

The only problem with sheet brick, Rlundy, is that you cannot make complex "runs" of brick easily, such as the part over the doors, windows, and entryway. Look at the perris Station on this page and all the squirrely directions the bricks go.

Edavillenut

ok guys, the contest ends tommrow night at midnight.

keep the drawings coming.

i will not be able to post a poll for the voteing untill sunday. i will be at a train show saturday.

shawn

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Edavillenut, will you be able to do overseas designs?

I know it's too late for the competition, but was just wondering.