NCC-1701-F (STO)

generaldiaz

well she does share a slightly altered version of the nacelles of the sovereign class, albeit the oddy (odyssey nickname in sto) is up scaled. the "struts" that connect the nacelles to the engineering section are similar but different enough that modification would be necessary. and the front of the galaxy class could be modified to act as a basis for the front of the engineering section around the deflector dish with a sovereign model being used to work the aft end of it. and again the sovereign saucer section modified would made the oddy saucer section and you could rework the "struts" to act as the connection between the saucer and the main body. it is possible to build, but it would require a lot of kit bashing and scaling but it would be possible, but I would love to see one originally built, as with all the unique ships in sto.

pittpenguin123

well she does share a slightly altered version of the nacelles of the sovereign class, albeit the oddy (odyssey nickname in sto) is up scaled. the "struts" that connect the nacelles to the engineering section are similar but different enough that modification would be necessary. and the front of the galaxy class could be modified to act as a basis for the front of the engineering section around the deflector dish with a sovereign model being used to work the aft end of it. and again the sovereign saucer section modified would made the oddy saucer section and you could rework the "struts" to act as the connection between the saucer and the main body. it is possible to build, but it would require a lot of kit bashing and scaling but it would be possible, but I would love to see one originally built, as with all the unique ships in sto.
i think that wold be harder than fined the 3d model from the game and using that...

generaldiaz

I honestly do not know how to do that but what I was saying is that with what is out there right now and time you could make something that would be close. or you could start from scratch, however I have little knowledge on that, so I would be unable to do that.... yet.

wingsabre

I think that's a century class star ship. There are 3d models of that out there, and models for games like Star Trek Armada. Just not sure how to import it and readjust it for paper modeling.

generaldiaz

no, it is a ship just from sto, it was the new enterprise that was made by the fans. people could submit their own models and the winning ship made it into the game. it was interesting to see that the winning ship and another were strikingly similar, yet until later the people did not know of each others design, and the two ship ended up becoming one combined ship as they were so close.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Finding a MESH is the most important first step for an accurate model. :)

generaldiaz

easier said then done. I have found several 3d ship models that were great, then found I had already had the model in sketchup. take a look there for star trek. they don't have 1701-f, but everyone before it and if you find the right individual (one person does make sto ships) he may be able to make it.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you could make your own mesh. It is hard, but it is doable. I have made a few and while it was no spring Picnic, once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier. You work on a section at a time. It really helps to have top side, and front drawings, as many drawings as you can get, and have the ability to scale those drawings to each other.

generaldiaz

I have the issue though that my models always have red lines in pep and I always seem to get about a million tiny shapes when I unfold it manually even when it is closed in sketch up. any tips on that?