Nantahala layout

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
:wave: Hi Tyson. I don't know. I just haven't seen any post from youi lately. It could be because I haven't been on here much lately except the last couple of days. I have been pretty illl with back ache and sore arm and falling down several times. Old age catching up I guess.:curse:

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Thanks Tyson and Dick. :wave: Good to hear from you all again.

This weekend is the first time I've had in a while to work on the layout. Originally, I was going to do the entire layout in the summer time since that's when our trip was. However, I am considering trying a fall scene on the back (unfinished) side of the layout. The gorge will stay in the summertime. The layout is big enough that by controlling the viewing angles, I think it would work okay. I am also working on a cover for the layout to keep the 1:1 scale cats out. (They think the mountains are a great place to sleep.)

I'll post some more pictures soon.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey Pa' Bear,

That's a nice piece of work. Makes me wonder why we need to have room-sized layouts when so much fun can be had with a pizza-sized pike.
(I want a slice when you get to the pepperoni part...!!!):thumb:

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
My weekend project: finishing the cover for the layout.
DSCF1862.JPG

Next project: Cleaning up the "construction mess!" :eek:ops:

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
The Other Side of the Mountain

Up until now, most of the work has been on the gorge side of the layout. For the other side, I decided to try a fall scene.

This is the river side of the layout.
DSCF1974.JPG

And this is the other end of the tunnel.
DSCF1975.JPG