Names for Steel mill

siderod

Hey guys,

I have a small steel place on my layout...as in VERY VERY small...just 1 track into it for loading. Uhhh, basically, what i need is a name for it.

I was thinking something interesting, unique yet not unrealistic or abnormal. It has "Oceanic" on the sign as it is, and in St John NB where i got it (guy gave it to me) there is a steel plant called "Ocean Steel"...i was thinking of that, but i don't know. I was also debating "Steele Steel" but again, i dunno.

So throw me some ideas.

Thanks!

shaygetz

As small as it sounds, you might want to consider a steel fabricator rather than a plant, somewhere that specializes in cyclones, turbines, silos, ductwork and such. That might then help in naming it and justify the small loads.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Since its a small plant how about having a little fun and calling it Micro Steel? Or maybe Micron Steel? You could change the spelling to be less obvious..Mykron Steel for example.
Ralph

siderod

So far, i like that idea the most.

Might end up throwing a few names together. "Mykron Oceanic Fabricating" or something like that. Good ideas guys, keep 'em comming!

Ralph said:
Since its a small plant how about having a little fun and calling it Micro Steel? Or maybe Micron Steel? You could change the spelling to be less obvious..Mykron Steel for example.
Ralph

TrainClown

The big local steel industry here is called IPSCO. I like that name, IPSCO.
I think it stands for either Interprovincial Pipe & Steel Company or Inter Provincial Steel Company.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

TrainClown :)

brakie

J.A. Arne Steel Fabricator .
Buckingham Steel Fabricating Corp.
United Steel Works-Fabricating Plant.
I.M.Small & Sons Steel Fabricators.
National Steel Fabricating.
---------------------------------
How about changing it to this?
Standard American Steel Grave Vaults?

shaygetz

Jon Grant said:
Fred, you beat me to it again.

OK I'll stick with the British folk-rock influence

Steel Eyespan.

Jon

Yikes...I thought I was the only one on this side of the Big Pond who knew about them. Boy, was THAT a long time ago....