My paper automata

mikezax

CUPID

Author: Rob Ives

Source: https://www.robives.com/product/laser-cut-cupid-instructions-and-parts/

The latest automata in my series of paper automatas. (Unfinished yet) I cut the pieces by hand scalpel (no laser cut) My inspiration was the build by michael42er :):

I but retained the original design. On the parts I used putty, grinded and sprayed with paint...The automata is not yet complete.;)

078.jpg 081.jpg 004.jpg 003.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice, this is a really nice automata model. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
CUPID

Author: Rob Ives

Source: https://www.robives.com/product/laser-cut-cupid-instructions-and-parts/

The latest automata in my series of paper automatas. (Unfinished yet) I cut the pieces by hand scalpel (no laser cut) My inspiration was the build by michael42er :):

I but retained the original design. On the parts I used putty, grinded and sprayed with paint...The automata is not yet complete.;)

View attachment 163926 View attachment 163927 View attachment 163928 View attachment 163929

Genius pure genius!:Drinks: Always enjoy the automata!;)

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That looks FANTASTIC!!!
I like that it fully works as well!
Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Laser cut is great, but you can cut as accurately if you are careful, as you have shown. Great job!! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's really neat!! I like cats, and boats, and the sea, what's not to like!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:

Mike, I'm s sorry I totally missed your fantastic Cupido. It is one of the loveliest things I have seen. It would make a great present for Valentine's day. :)

The cat sailor is awesome and it's really funny to see how he tries to fight the somewhat rough sea! :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member

Another fine example of Karakuri put too work!:) Love the video and the music.:animated:

Thanks again for sharing your work with us master builder!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

mikezax

Thank you :), I like to stick to these simpler things before I start something more complicated ... here will certainly be more paper automatas ...I am doing the next paper automata now ;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Laser cut is great, but you can cut as accurately if you are careful, as you have shown. Great job!! ;)

I actually have the SVG of this file ..and all set up to be cut from the Cameo..made one awhile back and stacked the cuts into a laminate! It is so well designed ( bar the face) that it will work out of cardboard ( like you said ( cut carefully )

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Thank you :), I like to stick to these simpler things before I start something more complicated ... here will certainly be more paper automatas ...I am doing the next paper automata now ;)
Always Love to see something from you! I never know what it will be next and am never disappointed! Thank-You! You make card-modeling a joy!

mikezax

Thank you, these are nice words. ;)
They're also better modelers, but I'm trying to make my models interesting even though they're easier ...
I also do photos, videos, animations ... if it catches at least 1 kid who will glued something and will not sit still on his mobile, tablet, PC... I will be happy :)

mikezax

ICHTHYOSAURUS
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Source: AMAZING AUTOMATA DINOSAURS! (book)

Video:

Uploading images does not work again ... so show up at least video. (I'll add the images later)