My 3D puzzles

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I have the Parasaurolophus kit, too. My first 3D puzzle ever was a mammoth. It's amazing to see them pop up again once in a while, even 40 years later. :)

mikezax

ST.PETERS CATHEDRAL
(cardboard 3D puzzle-static)

Scale: ?

Source: MAGIC PUZZLE

The Papal Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican is a Renaissance-Baroque sacral building, one of the largest, most famous and most visited sanctuaries in the world. It is a generally recognized and respected center of Catholic Christianity.
The puzzle contains 61 parts, built without modifications, I just retouched all the edges.

navod.jpgDSCN4166.jpgDSCN4167.jpgDSCN4171.jpgDSCN4176.jpgDSCN4179.jpgDSCN4181.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice! The original cathedral was built over an existing much smaller basilica. The obelisk marks the grave of St. Peter and determined the building site. They had to level out the whole place before they could use it. It was a former graveyard with lots and lots of graves. Building time was over 100 years. The dome was inspired by the Pantheon and is the largest concrete dome ever built. In fact, there are two domes with the inner one completely invisible. Both support each other. There was an older building nearby which heavily influenced the shape of the palazzo. It was too near to the main building so that the original plan of a straight cross had to be scrapped. Instead, they added a trapezoid shape which opened up in two joined circles at the end. This was a happy accident because the final structure resembled a stylized key, St. Peter's key to heaven. The model shows it all. :)

Last edited:

mikezax

Leaning Tower of Pisa

The construction of the tower with the belfry began under the direction of the architect Bonanno Pisano in 1173.
When the building reached the third floor, it tilted, Pisano tried to balance the slope in the fourth floor but he did not succeed, so he decided not to continue, fearing that the building would not fall. However, in 1234 the architect Giovanni di Simone built three more floors of the tower in the same design as Pisano. With this, a base tower in the shape of a cylinder was built. There is an entrance door on the ground floor and colonnaded galleries on the next six floors. All columns are topped with capitals and semicircular arches. These are typical features of the Romanesque style. This entire architectural work was completed in 1350 by Tommaso Pisano, another architect from the Pisan family, by adding the bell tower.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know how I missed these when they were first posted. Nice kits that look good when done. ;)

mikezax

Snow Cottage

I finally have some free time, so hopefully I'll glue something together...At least I put together this Christmas puzzle to begin with. I wish everyone May your Christmas be filled with lots of happiness, peace and love ;)

DSCN9051.JPGDSCN9052.JPGDSCN9058.JPGDSCN9062.JPG