My 3D prints

mikezax

another area I'm starting to focus on is 3D printing. In addition to smaller things (for example, plastic automatas can be seen here:
https://www.zealot.com/threads/my-plastic-automatas.181339/ )
I'm starting to do bigger things ... The first one this Christmas time is a Santa's New Sleigh. The whole set contains more than 60 parts, the dimensions of the set are 12x28x21 cm. This is a commercial model that can be bought here:
https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/santas-new-sleigh-3d-print-model
The model was built without modifications, I just printed the engine in gold and painted the eyes and highlighted the inscription on the engine, a few photos:
DSCN4959.jpgDSCN5034.jpgDSCN5036.jpgDSCN5041.jpgDSCN5045.jpgDSCN5052.jpgDSCN5079.jpgDSCN5107.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Santa's Hot Rod!! I wonder how many Reindeer power is in that beast!! :)

mikezax

Chernobyl Liquidator
(3D Printing Figurine)

Source: https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/chernobyl-liquidator

I started working on this figure. This is the first figure from 3D printing that has to be painted. At the moment I have a finished working version of the pad ... So far, it is such a test what my 3D printer can handle ...In some places, where the structure of 3D printing was visible and also in the place of joints, I used putty, I paint it with classic sprays and details brush with acrylic paints ...but it definitely wants airbrush, so in the future I will definitely switch to this technique ...A few photos:
DSCN4890.jpgDSCN5217.jpgDSCN5222.jpgDSCN5227.jpgDSCN5253.jpgDSCN5259.jpgDSCN5264.jpgDSCN5266.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Nice 3D printer. I love dioramas. I suspect some really amazing work coming from you. ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
YES!!!! That is what I was talking about- the Santa sleigh one, printing out a model kit! Even making it as a 3D Virtual kit to assemble on-screen on your computer, that you can paint and put in a moving background and such. Kind of like lightwave kind of does.
Thank you for showing that!
Great job too!

mikezax

I managed to complete the model, I am glad that the first completed painted figure from the 3D printer is this liquidator of the consequences of the atomic accident. It is a small memory of all the people who sacrificed their health and often their lives to mitigate the consequences of this catastrophe. In my opinion, these are real heroes whom many people do not know, but still deserve our thanks. Photo of the real liquidator:

Chernobyl-serie-portada.jpg

The model contains 27 parts, which must first be printed on a 3D printer. Then it must be folded and then painted, or add a patina. Surely it can be done better, but for that. that it is the first figure it did not turn out so badly ... a few photos:

DSCN6790.jpgDSCN6809.jpgDSCN6828.jpgDSCN6834.jpgDSCN6839.jpgDSCN6849.jpgDSCN6918.jpgDSCN6925.jpgDSCN6933.jpgDSCN6949.jpgDSCN6956.jpgDSCN6971.jpgDSCN6985.jpgDSCN6989.jpgDSCN7003.jpgDSCN7007.jpguprav4cb2.jpg

... and finally a presentation video :

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very well done, Mike! The coat really looks as if it was made from rubber.

BTW, you have chosen a very interesting topic. The model "works" and is a warning to each and everyone of us. The way the message is transported is truly dramatic. It captures the essence, not by depicting gore and burnt bodies but by "being silent". Radiation kills silently. The liquidator is fighting a desperate fight, a fight he will most certainly lose. Radiation is bodiless, it is like a ghost, endangering everyone and everything within its grasps. Man has to hide, cover himself in protection gear, turning himself into a masked / faceless being that can only react and leave everything behind if he / she wants to live. This model tells a story and has an important meaning, like a good painting. In a way the image reminds me of the burning church in the title sequence of the "Holocaust" TV series. It simply burns into your mind and forces you to think about it. And if it does such thing I think it has achieved its goal.

Last edited:

mikezax

Lord of the Nazgul
(The Witch-king of Angmar)

Source: gambody.com

Figure of a character from the film series Lord of the Rings. For those who know the series, this small diorama captures the moment when he lost his dragon and fights with Eowyn.

nazgul.jpg

I started slowly assembling the second 3D printed figure. It's from gambody again, so the system is the same as with the liquidator (connectors are used
to connect the parts) But in the end I only used the connectors for the base,
the parts didn't fit so well with the figure, so I left them out and just glued and plastered it ... Since now I will still be gluing the upper parts of the mantle, I sprayed it with matte black to cover the white putty, which would then be difficult to get to... The base sprayed with brown, there will be more stones, grass... A few photos of the current status:

witch-king-23_980x500.png
witch-king-24_980x500.png
DSCN9861.jpgDSCN9946.jpgDSCN9955.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
All of the 3-D printed models that you have posted are AMAZING!!!
The Chernobyl Liquidator is quite chilling.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

mikezax

thanks, sometimes you can find nice models for free, but I prefer to make paid models for several reasons: the models are made to the smallest detail, they consist of individual parts, which saves time and money for filament, and also any printing error can be easily corrected by reprinting only the relevant part... the disadvantage is the price, but if you wait, these sites sometimes give discounts, so the purchase is then more acceptable...;)

So the figure would be complete (except for the weapons)... The most work was with the cloak, since it is made of 2 parts, while the joint is in the middle in a visible place, so I had to putty and sand it several times, which again lost the texture on the place...in the end I roughened it up a bit with a micro drill so that I don't have a smooth strip there...I will spray it with matte varnish and start playing with the details...A couple of photos of the current state:

DSCN9999.jpgDSCN0016.jpgDSCN0013.jpgDSCN0009.jpg