MT trucks and lp wheels help

CAS

Need some help please.

I will be using Atlas n scale code 55 track.

I had purchase the MT00310041 (MT1035-10) Barber Roller Bearing Trucks w/short extension (10 pack) , but not from Fifer hobby. To replace my Atlas trucks on some of my Atlas rolling stock. I also purchased a package of the low profile wheels. But once i put the lp wheels onto the trucks, mounted them back on the frames. The wheels do not spin freely at all. They seem to be rubbing against something. I loosen the mounting screw, that did't help. I was thinking about adding some Grease-em (powered graphite lubricant), to see if that helps any.
Maybe someone else had encountered this same problem, to help me out.

Thanks,
CAS

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Are the axels on the LP wheel sets the same length as those they replaced? If they are longer, they could be binding inside the truck frames. Alternately, you may have a flash problem inside the journals. Reboxx makes a thing in HO called simply "The Tool" and it reams the inside of the journals smooth to the right angle. I do not know if there is an Nscale equivalent - but I would imagine yes.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

CAS

Are the axels on the LP wheel sets the same length as those they replaced?
They are the same size. I had done a few test. i took some of the trucks that weren't connectted to my boxcar yet. I put a new set of lp wheels on. And they rolled smooth and free on the rails.
Forgot to mention in above post, i had painted my wheels :eek:ops:.
Must have gotton paint on were i should have. I then removed the painted wheels, slightly scraping the paint off. The wheels are starting to spin more freely. I guess i have to be more careful painting.

But, thanks MasonJar for your help.

I guess we learn from our mistakes. Or lack of expereince.

CAS

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Yup...

You definitely need to be careful where you put the paint...! ;) It will bind things up as quick as it can dry. :)

Glad you solved the problem.

Andrew

CAS

Yup...

You definitely need to be careful where you put the paint...! :wink: It will bind things up as quick as it can dry.

I could have sworn i used a 0 size brush to paint them.

CAS