Mountain Farm

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
These farm buildings will be located in a mountainous area on my Nn3 logging line.
The plans for these structures is in the Easy-to-Build Model Railroad Structures book by Kalmbach.
First up is the farm house

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 580

Tyson Rayles

Robin that's a great job on the farm buildings, but I can't wait to see what you come up with for n-scale corn cobs to fill that crib with! :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
N scale corn cobs................Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what cardboard product would make corn cobs! :D

Matthyro

Scott, Yup it is cerealboard and some card stock.
My daughter has suggested a few things to make ciorncobs out of but they would be out of scale. She then said get some fine copper wire with yellow plastic insulation and cut them into 1/16 pieces. That would make the cobs about 12 inches long. But can you imagine how many I would have to cut? I also thought about printing a photo of corncobs and stick inside the frame. Haven't found any photos yet though.

jetrock

You might just use wild rice for corn--you could paint on a little green, since corn in a crib would still be in a husk, right?

Matthyro

Good idea Jetrock.
Capt turk I guess I should build the two holer so that will come next.

capt_turk

And of course, ya need's a root cellar, a well, and a wood shed with a kid getting the tar waled out him behind it.

TrainClown

I like your farm. Must be a real challenge to work with them little bitty bits. What about a windmill? Shouldn't your farm have a windmill? Or maybe a well?

Just thinkin' with my fingers.

TrainClown :)

home_on_the_range.jpg

TrainClown

Hi jasbourre. Nope I just eye-balled it. I saw some real ones out here on the flats and took a look on the web for further ideas. I always ment to add a service platform at the top and a ladder, and I will some day.

TrainClown ;)

Matthyro

I have scratchbuilt one windmill which is on my ranch. I will make a smaller one for the farm. That's a nice one you made TC. What did you make the blades from?

Attachments

• wm.jpg
    wm.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 294

TrainClown

I made the blades from 20 lb. paper. The lumber is balsa wood. A piece of 20 gauge wire for the pipe and a pin for the shaft. It spins too. ;)

TrainClown :D

P.S. I think an old well would suit your farm too. You know. One with a little roof and a pump.

Where's the out house? :rolleyes:

spitfire

Don't know how I missed this thread, but the farm buildings look fantastic Robin!!!!! You just about have the whole country covered with your layout! :thumb: :thumb:

Val