More Mogul Modifications?

anubis51

Little Loco
Hello all,

I am currently making a few personal and local modifications to a Bachmann Rogers 2-6-0 Mogul.

Among other things, I have removed the rear cab wall, so the innards can be seen. If the proportions are correct, it is only 1' 6" from the edge of firebox to the cab wall, and 5' 3" from the elevated floor to the top of the cab window. (They must have been crewed by Leprechauns....:mrgreen:)

I have a few 'smaller' O scale figures, and I will eventually choose one to suit, but has anyone any information on these Rogers cabs? The firebox appears to be HUGE in relation to the size of the cab!

If anyone has any photographs that they can post, I would really like to see them. All the pix on the net that I can find show only the front and side exteriors of the locos, of course.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

chooch.42

Hi, again, John ! Just saw your post on the Mogul...no rear of the cab shot, but Wikipedia has a Rogers Mogul photo (from the Strasburg RR, a couple hunnert miles east of me). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-6-0 The cab height issue is obvious...think the sides (shallow) parts acted as seats for engineer & fireman, and floor behind the firebox, or an "apron" from the tender would have provided the only standing room. Does this look like what you've got on the bench? Bob C.

anubis51

Little Loco
Hi again Bob,

Thanks for your input, and the link. :mrgreen:

I have bitten the bullet, and 'bashed up a small tender (from the fuel bunker that used to be the rear end of my Forney) and although it is a bit on the short side, it means that I can now fit the Mogul onto my turntable.

I have also removed the over-long pilot, and will fit a shorter one.

The seated driver now sits neatly between the firebox and the cab wall. (Wouldn't like to be so close to the firebox, myself......) The fireman will stand on the tender apron, and be able to feed the low slung fire grate.

anubis51

Little Loco
Hello all,

Thought you might like to see my modifications to the Bachmann Mogul, in order to get it short enough to fit onto my turntable.....

All I need now is some lettering and weathering.

Attachments

• Green Mogul LHF.jpg
    Green Mogul LHF.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 48
  • Green Mogul - on the footplate.jpg
    Green Mogul - on the footplate.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Green Mogul rear.jpg
    Green Mogul rear.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 44

anubis51

Little Loco
Hi again, Bob.

Thanks for the link.

Some great looking steam loco pix there.

I have added them to my collection...:wave: