model OLGA 51 (The Time Machine)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool looking. Kind of "Modern Steampunk". ;)

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
Yes Zathros, it's a bit Steampunk ...in this case, a Jetpunk :).
Deflectors to protect the whole and to give final design touch

These deflectors, the structure of frame and the seat are the only pieces made of paper

Attachments

• P1280316.JPG
    P1280316.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • P1280319.JPG
    P1280319.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_20171216_00_50_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171216_00_50_27_Pro.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The deflectors are superb. They really set off the design. Great job, workmanship, and originality of design!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That looks very interesting! You are doing a GREAT JOB!
I was wanting to ask, What is your inspiration for this, or is this of your own design?

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
That looks very interesting! You are doing a GREAT JOB!
I was wanting to ask, What is your inspiration for this, or is this of your own design?

I just had a plastic lab container for urine (no use ;)) And I thought it might be a good housing to create a ship like a rocket. I joined the pieces and then the idea of a time machine gave me more possibilities to use severals materials without much commitment of coherence, after all nobody knows how a time machine looks:biggrin:.
I thought of a lightweight, transparent frame on the front to be able for more detail. The final artwork I got in that sketch I posted on the forum.
OLGA was created gradually. The name was given by my son: Olga, a Russian origin name sounds a bit surreal, but refers to those crazy projects that would have been rehearsed in the 50's.
51 refers to Area 51 in the USA:walkingdead:
...and, yes it's my own design

This is the short story of HOW a pee container became a time machine :stinkyfeet: :sadno:
:laughrolling::laughrolling:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Very "STEAMPUNKISH"! I really like it! I could see H.G.Wells using this device. You did a very skillful and professional job on this project.
I have to say that your initial inspiration for this project is quite interesting. I fully understand these kinds of "inspirations". About 30 years ago, I took the silhouette of the handle of a curling iron and designed a simple star cruiser. Needless to say, my first ex-fe (and her family) thought that I was certifiably coo-coo for cocoa puffs, for doing such. :bulgeeye: :sticktongue: :Computer::triplets:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Nice thing is that you can go back in time, build the launcher, and it will be ready for you when you return!! :)

subnuke

Banned
The rooster. The rooster was scratching the ground for insects and he realized this just isn't going to work. There should be chickens, not just roosters. So he cut off one of his wings and buried it. Since he got off balance when he flapped his wings, he chopped off the other wing.

Later a man and his dog showed up and saw the rooster staring at the ground. The man picked up the wing and looked it over. The dog asked the man, "You going to eat that?" The man thought it was a good idea so he cooked it up and enjoyed some wings. It needed a little something so he dipped it in barbecue sauce and realized he was on to something. The dog didn't get a bite and was annoyed. That's why dogs no longer talk. What's the point in talking to a man if he won't share his food with you.

Later, while the rooster was still standing there and napping, a hen walked by. She also thought this isn't going to work so she went shopping for a rooster. The rooster woke up and assumed his buried wing turned into a hen. You can guess what happened next and we now have roosters, hens, and eggs.

While the rooster was now enjoying his new life, the dog went back to the scene and dug up the wing, ate it, and held a small grudge against the man for a few minutes. He got over it at dinner time.

To celebrate all this, we now eat bbq wings and pay way too much for them.

This is the result of me having too much time on my hands and not enough intellectual stimulation while browsing the internet. It is meant as silly humor and nothing to take offense at. We now return to our regularly scheduled forum thread. Now I can quit thinking about this scenario.

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
The rooster. The rooster was scratching the ground for insects and he realized this just isn't going to work. There should be chickens, not just roosters. So he cut off one of his wings and buried it. Since he got off balance when he flapped his wings, he chopped off the other wing.

Later a man and his dog showed up and saw the rooster staring at the ground. The man picked up the wing and looked it over. The dog asked the man, "You going to eat that?" The man thought it was a good idea so he cooked it up and enjoyed some wings. It needed a little something so he dipped it in barbecue sauce and realized he was on to something. The dog didn't get a bite and was annoyed. That's why dogs no longer talk. What's the point in talking to a man if he won't share his food with you.

Later, while the rooster was still standing there and napping, a hen walked by. She also thought this isn't going to work so she went shopping for a rooster. The rooster woke up and assumed his buried wing turned into a hen. You can guess what happened next and we now have roosters, hens, and eggs.

While the rooster was now enjoying his new life, the dog went back to the scene and dug up the wing, ate it, and held a small grudge against the man for a few minutes. He got over it at dinner time.

To celebrate all this, we now eat bbq wings and pay way too much for them.

This is the result of me having too much time on my hands and not enough intellectual stimulation while browsing the internet. It is meant as silly humor and nothing to take offense at. We now return to our regularly scheduled forum thread. Now I can quit thinking about this scenario.
:lolsign:

RonaldoM

Designer Extroadinaire
I'd never think something by this way, but i'm sure, You are the right man to take place on OLGA :hammerhead:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Ronaldo, you have sparked the Chicken vs. Rooster debate, now that's controversial!! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I agree! I have decided to just eat Chicken, and enjoy the results. ;)