Model Of The Month: Time to build Union Station!

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Bill has put a lot of great work into his Union Station, and yes it came out very good. And about Bill’s comments on the building on Dec.14, 2008 in the first post he made on that day, I do think he was too hard on himself. In the final view, the uniformity of the building overcomes the ruff hued stones. Having some fun with this I would say he has brought the art of ruff hued stonework to a new level. His work is something to be proud of. His building was built, installing and shaping, stone by stone, and very time-consuming process that was very rewarding. On Dec. 14, 2008, his last day of posting into this thread, he did 11 posts. 12 posts included photos of a total of 17 photos. The three last views show his copper roof. What an outstanding finish to this thread.

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
I really misread that thread. Man, do I feel stupid! :hammerhead:

subnuke

Nov 18, 2007
Go look at a pic of Barbara Eden. You'll feel better. Or Erin Grey, or .... Now I just need to shut up.

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Time to feel like a dumb ass again. I have to admit though, this is one of those things that you are happy to be wrong about! :)

Bill Nelson

Dec 15, 2008
Clarksville Tn
The club moved to smaller quarters, and Union station wasn't welcome in the new location. I thought about using it on my home layout, but that would have required drastic alterations, so it is in my living room

IMG_4754.JPG

since I built this I have developed a method of foam masonry that is faster easier, and yields more uniform stonework. I documented the process over in my main thread in the logging mining and industrial subdivision. sadly all those pictures were taken on my phone and this platform doesn't like them.

IMG_4756.JPG

this is an example of my most recent foam masonry project, also built on a foam core base.

IMG_4758.JPG

this masonry pier for my old Cave cove Bridge, which I have recycled for use on my new lowest level, along with some remnants of my old mountain.

IMG_4759.JPG

This bridge is appropriate to this sub group, as it was scratchbuilt, and I have bashed it a couple times

Reactions: swampdaddy41