Mike Hagarty's N scale 'Mountain Sub'

SD90

I've added a mid train engine to my Container train now as well. There is 1 SD90, 21 IMS platforms, then another SD90, another 10 IMS platforms and 10 Auto decks, needles to say, it doesn't fit in the new sidings either! I'll post some pictures soon...

SD90

I got some work done on the backdrop. Now it's not just an unpainted wall, it looks like sky, now for some more scenery!

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

SD90

This is the backdrop behind the big grain elevator, I am still going to paint the rolling hills of southern Alberta, but for now, I think it looks much better. I was going to do the facia today, but the switch on my table saw is broken!:curse:

IMG_3557.jpg

Here is the area just before the spiral tunnel, I've started some rough scenery, I'm still not sure how it's going to look.

IMG_3555.jpg

This is the spiral tunnel, most of the curved backdrop will be covered up with a mountain.

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

Bill Nelson

I really like the suggestion of clouds at the color line on the back drop.

I have found with clouds on backdrops subtle is good, ant that is subtle.

Bill nelson

SD90

I've been playing around painting some of the backdrop. Here are a few pictures of what I have so far. I planted a few trees in front to see how good they blend into the background.

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg