Metal Works Imperial Star Destroyer

Still not 100% with my hand, and i'm not entirely ready to attempt one of my paper models yet, but I have been doing exercises to restore flexibility and limberness in my hand. Here is a little project I did. Even though it took me longer than it would have 6 months ago, im pleased with the results.

10445508_10152628989830754_100772339503231768_n.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to hear that you are doing better (You will get to 100% very soon!).thumbsup
You did a GREAT JOB putting this project together!
As with all of your work, it is very CLEAN & CRISP!
KEEP WORKING AT IT!
:Drinks:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FANTASTIC WORK, RICK! I have seen the product pics but yours even surpass them. This is a great display piece! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That is so cool looking!! Happy to hear your hand is coming along well! :)

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Good to hear, Rick. That's a shiny piece of death-dealing awesome you've built!:fight:

starbuck

Beautiful.

- Short question - I also was thinking about making one of the metal models (X-Wing or Millenium Falcon).
Could you give me an hint about the difficulty of the assambling of the Destroyer.

Thanks everyone.....Starbuck, it wasnt that difficult, alot of tiny pieces, but honestly the hardest part was getting the angles on the main body right. but the model has alot of forgiveness if you arent exact.

starbuck

Thx for the info. I think I am gonna buy me the x-wing and/or the millenium falcon.
Anna selected really nice models - enjoy building. Would like to see the finalized models.
What about the ship - are the ropes made of metal too?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to se one of these of a working Sterling Engine. Looks like the right medium for such a project. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is cool that Anna supports you like that!!
I am looking forward to seeing you build more of these models.

I would like to see them make a Colonial Viper (does not maker the version) or the BRTC25 Thunder Fighter.

starbuck

Very Cool - and very fast I assume. Like them.

(I ordered X-Wing and Millenium Falcon today.)

Started the Queen Ann's Revenge last night, and finished this morning. Difficulty level is higher than i was used to for these metal Models, but it wasn't too bad. Im pleased with the result. (scroll down for more pics, and a rotating vid)

1977369_10152645960735754_1251923757091929556_n.jpg

Here is a side-by-side with my build of the Black Pearl I did last year.

10959488_10152645968280754_5578033333300689603_n.jpg

Here is the Video i took of the Queen on a rotating table:

Have two more Metalworks to build. Anna bought these for me for a "Fury" themed display. (She is a fan of the Sherman, and my Son a fan of the Tiger) should be interesting.

10367577_10152656448085754_3386084070378860569_n.jpg