Mercedes-Benz 7.1L - SSK

ennder

I started my next build from Tkpapercraft. I have worked on it 2 nights so far, as normal, it is going slow. I normally listen to an audio book or I have all the Stargate, Star Trek, Battlestar Gs., Star Wars, Band of Brothers, Harry Potter, Marvel, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Errol Flynn series and movies that I listen to.

Mercedes-Benz7.1L-SSK_Page_01.jpg20210615_132417.jpg20210615_132442.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You might want to fill the seams on the radiator grill, it was oen piece chrome. This could be done with glue or paint. It's it is attached, carefully remove it, and there are Chrome spray paints which are quite amazing. It's looking really good. Waterforming the fenders would be a pain in the but, but worth the effort in the end, or not. Either way, it looks really good. ;)

ennder

You might want to fill the seams on the radiator grill, it was oen piece chrome. This could be done with glue or paint. It's it is attached, carefully remove it, and there are Chrome spray paints which are quite amazing. It's looking really good. Waterforming the fenders would be a pain in the but, but worth the effort in the end, or not. Either way, it looks really good. ;)
I will probably re-skin it at some point before I finish.

yesterday's update: I had the picts.... just did not have time to post yesterday.
20210623_113816.jpg20210623_113826.jpg20210623_113836.jpg
I do not like that HUGE open space in the fuel tank... I know it will be covered with the tires.... but I intend to close it up before I mount the tires there.
20210623_113847.jpg20210623_113905.jpg
Yep... I do need to re-skin that radiator.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
There's a show on the History Channel called "Cars that made the world. It culminates with this car as being the real first have everything you want and need car. The model looks great!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW! That looks FANTASTIC!!!
KUDOS TO YOU ON A FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Very nice indeed. these models could be used as the basis for a truly greebled out version of this car, working steering as an example. Built as it came gives a very satisfying and convincing model. Well done. ;)