Mauser M712 Schnellfeuer

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Nice...

...I'm scratching my head though. Wasn't the Mauser a box magazine handgun?

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
the c96 was an internal box magazine. the m712 was clip fed and had a selector for full auto. in the U S it is clasified as a machine gun and in need of federal licensce for ownership.

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
Woot! I'll be back dating mine to the C-96. Which shouldn't be too difficult, just delete the selector, straighten out the side so the magazine well is the same width as the rest of the frame, and add some "paneling'. I think that's about all. I may need to alter the magazine floor plate too, i'll have to check my references. Can't wait to get started.

Here's a couple of Observations I'd like to make about these paper guns in general:

1. This is an awesome way to build up a colection of display quality weapons at a low cost.
2. Pistol sized weapons are the most practical size for this medium. even a small increase in size seriously increases the amount of material involved. For example, UHU02's samaritan used 4 times the card that the '51 colt does.
3. They are awesome.
4. A full sized Flak 37/38 would not fit in my loungeroom. I've measured it.
5. an MP-40 would make an ideal and most appropriate companion for my tommygun.
6. Nothing says WW1 better than a water-cooled , tripod mounted vickers/maxim. but where the hell am I supposed to put it?
7. I love these things. they're awesome. (I may have mentioned this in passing)
8. I prefer older, pre 1950 weapons, but that's just personal preference.
9. they're awesome.
10. Selma Hayek is also awesome, but not availble in a printer friendly format.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Dang........ whenever you DO find a copy of No. 10, please, PLEASE let me have a copy! sign1 (I'm not kidding!)

And I too agree with all of the observations....... dang Ma Deuce would be sweet to have pointed at the front door, but alas I to have no room.

john