Macharius Vanquisher

Vger1981

While watching Silveroxide's fantastic Baneblade build I decided to restart my work on this model after some long time. I like the two barrels configuration on this machine, Macharius is one sexy as hell tank.

Laminated hull and tracks pylons:

Driver's nest:

There is something definitely wrong here: Gaps and bad fitting parts on the back:

Problem solved:

Engine ventilation grille replaced with brass grating:

Turret:

These barrels was too fat and short:

Muzzle brake, original and new version:

Mighty toothpick machine guns:

Fuel cells:

Rivets, rivets, and more rivets:

Do not try this at home... :

And what we have so far: Don't worry, this armored circus will be painted...

silveroxide

Kudos on a good job so far. We have different techniques and yours works just as good too. i love the muzzle brake that you did.

Vger1981

Thank you very much, your work is very inspiring, it kicks my lazy ass to put this baby out of box. :thumb:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, you knocked this out of the park! Excellent job. I like the use of the screen too, very effective! Great build. :)

johanvanacker

I did my leman russ solely on 250g paper, but I see that laminating with thicker card board brings out some of the features better.
What do you plan to do with the white edges of the cardboard ?

Vger1981

I'm using various cardboards with thickness from 3mm for internal supports to very thin one for small panels and details. Shoe boxes, desk callenders, I'm using everything what I can found. And two sided white "carpet" tape is my best friend for laminating, it's easy, clean and fast to work with.
Whole model will be painted when finished, so I don't care about white edges for now. :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like how you are detailing this tank out.
I am very impressed with your skills.

By the way, since you like two barreled tanks, you might be interested in the E.F.G.F. M61A5 MAIN BATTLE TANK from http://myhobbycraft.blogspot.com.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Incredible! The details make this model "POP", it is awesome! :)

silveroxide

I am enjoying your build tremendously. I do not make too many comments, but I do pop in every now and then. Our techniques are different but I can see your process is very effective. My biggest slow down were the track links and I believe you are going for a full detail raised pad. That will slow you down some but the end results will be outstanding. Keep up the great work and see you around the forum.:thumb:

Vger1981

My pleasure boys, thank you all! :thumb:
Well, yes, tracks are my nightmare, I'm spending about half a hour on each and need some, I don't know, 100 of them maybe... And, will they fit the shape? :-| We'll see...

Slowly working on weathering, glossy surface is my friend for now..:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Great looking tank! It is impossible just by looking at the picture to tell what that is made of. Photoshopped into the right background, you could not tell the size either. t looks real! There is a tank museum 5 miles from where I live and there are armored vehicles with the same texture. Great job! :)