Looking to finish and share my work.

JaluluKhan

Hello everyone,
I joined this forum whilst searching for communities online to share my work with. I have a lot of work that's left unfinished as I never knew anyone out there would be interested in it. I just want to find people with the same passion I have and a place to circulate my designs so they don't end up dying a lonely death on a hard drive somewhere in the universe.

I was hugely inspired by the chibi40k work of Newobmij/Upsilonman/Ognenny etc and the vehicle models of Patoroch. Growing up without the money to buy 40k models but being filled with creativity I wish those models were available in the 90's haha. My main focus is on characters and terrain instead of vehicles because cutting out complex prototypes is a chore unless you have a cutting machine.

Anyway, I just love the idea that you can design something in 3d and arrange it on a sheet for people all around the world to print out. Then after a bit of cutting and gluing it can be realized in 3d space. Its a straight concept from mind to reality using a highly accessible medium. Even after owning physical models I still prefer the portability and creativity involved with papercraft models.

Overall, I hope that I can perhaps find the motivation to work through my projects and get ideas of what models people want to be made, ill attach a prototype of a dwarf I made so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about lol.

Attachments

• 95441111_770000103404952_5740962315025514496_n.jpg
    95441111_770000103404952_5740962315025514496_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 10

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. Read the Rules and Policies. After 30 days of membership, and posting comments on other members work, we would be happy to host your work. We only ask that anyone wishing to upload a model show a build thread to first , show it can be built, and that thread can be instructions (which should be included with the model. I think you have found the place your looking for. A lot of like minded people, that share and connect. No bad mouthing or insulting allowed here. Again, Welcome to Zealot!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Jalulu,

welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you for posting an introduction. You have indeed found a great community with even greater members. The dwarf looks awesome and seems to be much fun to make. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. By all means, please feel free to post whateer you have already created here.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I'll add a Welcome aboard from a regular member, as opposed to "staff" great little dwarf.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Jalulu,

Welcome to Zealot. You have indeed come the the right place for all things paper/cardstock. We have many members who are interested into WH40K. I hope that you will feel at home here.

The dwarf looks GREAT! It looks like it would be a great project for youngsters to introduce them to paper/cardstock model building. Not only that, but it also makes for a great game piece.

If you have any questions questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Welcome to Zealot!
Great to have another modeler here that is interested in creating, Great Dwarf, by the way, reminds me of tabletop gaming models, and the really old Vikings game from the 80s' ( loved that game )!