login errors

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The forum is having serious problems not only with login errors, but also when new members join. Their verification emails are getting bounced back as a result of the "Denial of Service attack", this attack has made the forum "Blacklisted" and has caused it to be hard to find on some search engines. Most of this if not all, really, all out of it, is out of my hands. I have asked the owners many times to fix these problems, and wish you to know this.

This thread has gone off topic, and while I usually let that slide, it's been a comic relief. I need you to know that the problems affecting this forum are quite serious.

After gaining access to the forum by typing www.zealot.com, then bookmark the forum the usual way, that should create a bookmark that will give you easy access. This procedure should be used in whatever way you use to finally get here.

I stated earlier that sometimes, when I log in, through Firefox, I can't get to my home page, which has the full Google address, but reads "Access Denied". I then type, www.google.com, hit enter, get to Google, and make that my Homepage again, and it works. This happens usually after a big Firefox update.

Well that's it. The Hammer trick didn't work. When I had my T.V. repair shop, I would always slap the T.V. on the side, and if something changed, I need it was a "Cold Solder" and was going to be an easy repair. This worked 99% of the time. In Sony T.V's, I just rebuild the R.F. box and the V.I.R. , re-soldered the "Hot" high amperage connections, the T.V. would then be fixed.

I still have 2, 32" special Professional Series Sony analogue XBR's that cost $3000 dollars at the time. The speed of the pictures and the depth of the Black (Contrast Ratio) is still not beat by the current LCD.s There's is never any latency problem, as that does not exist in analogue T.V.s. The people who owned these T.V.s had much money, and preferred to buy newer crappier T.V.'s, and just left them at my shop. The law stated I could sell them for the repair price, or just keep them. I kept them. Why sell a $3000 dollars T.V. for $285 bucks?

It's kind of like this forum, It's quality is such that I can' give up on it, so I keep banging away away at the owners asking to please fix the problems. I can't get to the server and I haven't done that kind of work for a long time, and would have to learn the specificity of the work at hand as I went along. Any I.T. worth their salt should be able to fix this, and rather expediently. So I just keep hammering away. :Computer:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, this is much appreciated! thumbsup

Sometimes I tend to bring up some black humor to lighten up a grave situation; I have to be careful in order not to overdue it (my colleagues can write books on that ;) ).

We all have full confidence in the abilities of our technial crew and I really hope that such a hack does not happen again and that all problems are solved soon. We are already on a good way and it fills me with joy to see that the events have not harmed the friendly nature of our great community.

:Drinks:Cheers to all of you!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Thank you, this is much appreciated! thumbsup

Sometimes I tend to bring up some black humor to lighten up a grave situation; I have to be careful in order not to overdue it (my colleagues can write books on that ;) ).

We all have full confidence in the abilities of our technial crew and I really hope that such a hack does not happen again and that all problems are solved soon. We are already on a good way and it fills me with joy to see that the events have not harmed the friendly nature of our great community.

:Drinks:Cheers to all of you!:Drinks:

That sure is true! This IS an AMAZING community!

Sky Seeker