LC Scale Modelling?

roryglasgow

I wonder if they have a name for the scale of Learning Curve wooden engines...

Anyway, my son, Bryan, who just started Kindergarten (woohoo! :D) occasionally models scenes from Thomas the Tank Engine. In one story, an engine named Duncan ignores another engine's warning about a bit of bad track and slips between the rails. Here is the scene where the driver, fireman and passengers work to put Duncan back on the rails:

Attachments

• duncan1.jpg
    duncan1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 125

roryglasgow

Here is the scene from the book: (BTW, Duncan is RED in the books, but yellow in the TV series and the toys)

Attachments

• duncan2.jpg
    duncan2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 122

roryglasgow

And here's the modeller standing in front of the house on his first day of Kindergarten! Can you tell that I'm proud???? :):):)

Attachments

• kindergarten.jpg
    kindergarten.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 122

Clerk

Nice picture story Rory.

Bryan looks as if he is thinking "Come on. Hurry up. I have to get going to school" Great looking son you have there Rory.

Partsman

Nice pictures, Rory.

Your son has a good imagination. He looks quite tall for his age too. I'm sure you and he will have many fine modelling years ahead.

roryglasgow

Bryan is the reason that I got back into the hobby. He's been a major driving force in my rekindled interest in trains. And it's a great thing to share with him, too. I hope it keeps up, even when he grows up...

Drew1125

That's great Rory!
No doubt he'll credit his Dad for being HIS inspiration!;) :)
And he's already putting together his own "mini-scenes"!:D

RailRon

Rory, I think you two together are a great team! Keep those trains rolling, whatever scale they may be! :) :) :)

Ron

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Nothing like children, or in my case, grandchildren to keep us young. Nice photos Rory. Your son has sure grown since the while back photo of him you posted.