LADA NIVA - DAKAR 1985 /Spidamodels/ 1:32

mikezax

Scale : 1:32

Model by R. Vyškovský (Spida and Rybak tuning)

Since we are running the Dakar again, I got a taste for a car from this rally. I'm trying to glue Niva, which can be downloaded from Spidy. So far, I have a glued bodywork. The first time I used double-sided tape on glass and I must say that it is done much better than with second glue, I recommend.
I didn't find anything very suitable for the frame, so I finally put it in a kick from an ordinary skewer ... I don't edit it much, I just added a sliding window to the right side. Now the interior awaits me ...

DSCN5231.jpgDSCN5233.jpgDSCN5236.jpgDSCN5240.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I've always hoped someone would build this car. You achieved excellent results on the windows. I would have gone a different route, but my way would not have looked as good as yours. If you could explain how you did that, I would be most appreciative. That glass looks excellent!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The spidamodels are a treasure trove of unique vehicles, they are so well designed and the graphics are so clean. I love the trucks. Some look really otherworldly and could be part of a scifi / fantasy movie. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, excellently detailed models, and all for FREE!! :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Scale : 1:32

Model by R. Vyškovský (Spida and Rybak tuning)

Since we are running the Dakar again, I got a taste for a car from this rally. I'm trying to glue Niva, which can be downloaded from Spidy. So far, I have a glued bodywork. The first time I used double-sided tape on glass and I must say that it is done much better than with second glue, I recommend.
I didn't find anything very suitable for the frame, so I finally put it in a kick from an ordinary skewer ... I don't edit it much, I just added a sliding window to the right side. Now the interior awaits me ...

View attachment 190890View attachment 190891View attachment 190892View attachment 190893

Just wondering - what material did you use for the windows? Was it transparent plastic from a clear plastic bottle?

Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
No, it 's not from the bottle ... you can buy A4 foil to Overhead projector, sometimes such films can be found when buying some goods, this foil is something similar ;)

Wow!:surprise: I never would have thought of that in a millions years!:toast: Great tip! Thanks!:)

Sky Seeker

mikezax

I thought that this is generally known, it is often used in our country, it is cheap and can be easily obtained ... ;)
I would also mention that I used to glue it with gel second glue, but it was a problem to keep the glass clean during gluing, so I tried double-sided tape and the glass holds well without the problem of contaminating the glass ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I thought that this is generally known, it is often used in our country, it is cheap and can be easily obtained ... ;)
I would also mention that I used to glue it with gel second glue, but it was a problem to keep the glass clean during gluing, so I tried double-sided tape and the glass holds well without the problem of contaminating the glass ;)

MikeZax,

Papercraft in my country is generally NOT well known as most kids are tied into computers, cell phones, video games, and the like. If they do design, it's on an electronic media to design games. Making something real is almost a lost art in some areas of the States.

What is generally well known in your part of the world may not necessarily be well known in another.

Your art is a testament to human creativity and ingenuity. Your ability to do it inexpensively, while sharing that with others is what this forum is about.

Again THANK YOU!:):bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sky Seeker

mikezax

... even in our country it is no longer the same as it used to be ... paper models are glued mainly by middle-aged people who have returned to it after years (this is also my case when I had a break of about 15 years), children usually already have other interests ... ;)