Keyboard Cat Automata -- Build Thread

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Since there is no category for automata, I chose this category. I found this cute little paper automata from the Tubbypaws website.

It is of a cat playing the keyboard (or piano). When I saw it I knew it would be my next build. The aircraft and ships can wait for the time being. I'm really liking the paper craft automata. As simple as they are, its cool how they move and how entertaining they are despite their simplicity. I'm really looking toward to building PaperPino's machines.

This first picture is of the pattern template. Not too many parts. The second picture shows how cute the cat is.

Attachments

• KCat_0001.jpg
    KCat_0001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • KCat_0002.jpg
    KCat_0002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
So far so good. Here I've assembled some of the major pieces. I'll have to experiment and see how much coin weight I need for the mechanism to work, but it should continue on going smoothly. I don't anticipate any problems from here on out.

Attachments

• KCat_0004.jpg
    KCat_0004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks good thus far! I have always found these paper automata's were interesting!!!

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
IT WORKS! The cat is now playing his tunes! COOL CAT!

Now it will be on to my next project. It will either be a WW2 armored vehicle, the 39 M ''Csaba'' or the Soviet/Russian aircraft, the Antonov An-14. I was thinking of the Bell/Fuji AH-1S Helicopter but I'm still contemplating on how to do certain details on it plus I'm thinking I'd rather do a Sikorsky (the name just sounds cool) Helicopter.

Thanks for tuning in and watching this build!

Attachments

• KCat_0019.jpg
    KCat_0019.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 3
  • KCat_0020.jpg
    KCat_0020.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 3

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic! :)

I think I'll be making one for my mom, too. She loves everything that has some sort of a gimmick. :)