just a quick shot

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
well, the next ones are going to be the enterprise TOS, A-F series. I don't see any point in lighting any up except the TOS, and maybe D or E I don't know yet, I'm partial to the B.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That really is impressive. I cut up the Klingon piece today. Just working on how each unfold, and seeing if it is plausible. I believe bulkheads will be necessary. The unfolded pieces are put together, virtually. Making such a compound radii part is quite difficult, it may not be feasible at a small scale. Not impossible, but not for the faint of heart! We'll see. :)a1.jpg a2.jpg :)

spaceagent-9

that's a lot of little pieces! im not sure that I understand yet. I would like to see more of the process please. sounds fantastically complicated, but maybe fun to do. like welding plates on a battleship. intriguing.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I'll try and get you more to wrap you head around it. The numbers are for instructions, and it just means, connect sides that have the same number. What I do is connect the parts after unfolding them. Wen they become something that intersects onto itself, you start a new section. At that point, you leave fewer "Dots" to show how it goes together. I really think that this would have to be a good size to be viable. It would be better to shave down a foam ball, and cut these out as plating to glue on. :)Klingon Bell.jpg

spaceagent-9

fantastic! I am starting to see how it works together, some of those pieces curve very well. that's a lot of work well done! thank you for such great effort!

spaceagent-9

remember to valley fold the edge of the tholian fins in the middle, I put two lines there, = fold in the middle of them.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Wow, quite a collection! I'm aiming to also do the Enterprise "series", from the NX-01 to the E. Not sure about the reboot one...

Can't make my mind up if I want to build it as I don't think the reboot has the true "Trek" feel :). That said, the template I have is UHU's....