jbaakko's, Spring 07 scratchbuilt challenge

jbaakko

All ready there Gary

The elevator tower is complete, minus the entrance room (its built but not attached) and the ladderwell.
hightower01.jpg

jbaakko

Not really, there's about half a dozen oddball structures, including the industries in the Victorville area, and the hump tower. This one just, well, it'll be right in th middle, and out in the open!

I've painted it blue so far. I'm working on the entrance, and access door right now, then I have the ladder well to work on. Hopefully the plans can get here (and not my cruddy scan & print copy) so I can get to it on the rest!

pfs

Your 'cruddy scan and print' looks pretty good. You mention better plans (assumed bought) where did you get/find plans for this ?

thanks

jbaakko

Soneone on a Yahoo group pointed out that the Aug 1979 RMC has HO scale plans, which i did not know until I started planning for it!

jbaakko

Really rolling now, though all the glue fumes gave me one MONSTER headache (doesn't help much that I work around fuel all day).
hightower03.jpg

jbaakko

So I realized an error in my planning, and now I'm forced to remove each of the large side panels an start again. Oh well, there's not much holding them on yet.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
This is looking REALLY COOL Josh, keep it up, can't wait to see some more progress!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jbaakko

Its been a while... I had to scratch build the stairs, I could not find a close enough match for them in any kit.
hightower05.jpg

Now to finish the upper walkway, the roof, and to paint the interior creme, and add the windows. I'm going to to leave the roof unsecured, as I plan to maybe add an interior someday.

jesso

Looks really good! I agree that the stairs look really good, don't sell yourself short on them. Your project looks really well done, keep up the good work!

jbaakko

I'm done, are you?
hightower6.jpg

hightower7.jpg

hightower8.jpg

hightower9.jpg

hightower10.jpg

hightower11.jpg

I have to decide now, in the future year or so, if I want an interior, how I want it, and ect... Its been a rough ride, but it turned out!