James Bond Lotus Esprit - Submarine Version

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
These models come out nice. The actual sub was purchased after being lost, in a public bidding for an abandoned trailer. The movie prop Lotus was in in, no one knew. It has since been reconditioned, but not restored. The one in the movie worked as a "wet" sub, meaning it ccould actually move divers under it's own power, but they had to have diving suits on. Very cool! :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
These models come out nice. The actual sub was purchased after being lost, in a public bidding for an abandoned trailer. The movie prop Lotus was in in, no one knew. It has since been reconditioned, but not restored. The one in the movie worked as a "wet" sub, meaning it ccould actually move divers under it's own power, but they had to have diving suits on. Very cool! :)

Yes one of the shots I put in the thread had a pic of the divers opening the car doors underwater. Never saw that before. Thought that it was too neat.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I feel like the more research that is done on this project the more that the movie "magic" is being ruined, but then again I'm getting a greater appreciation for the art they have created along the way.
I think anyone making replica props from movies and TV shows shares this exact feeling and appreciation. :)