IS 2 For A Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell_Zantoz

My first hack at a paper model tank. It's a work in progress as you can see from the rough edges. But it's very challenging but relaxing at the same time. Still a long way to go but i am really enjoy building this. I can't wait to finish the tracks and suspension!

Attachments

• 38t 005.jpg
    38t 005.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 38t 006.jpg
    38t 006.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2009-05-01 009.jpg
    2009-05-01 009.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2009-05-01 010.jpg
    2009-05-01 010.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2009-05-01 019.jpg
    2009-05-01 019.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 27

charliec

You get a choice of band or individual link tracks - which one are you going to attempt?

The strengthening ribs in the roadwheels will test your resolve (and patience).

Regards,

Charlie

Dell_Zantoz

Individual tracks. I am actually leaning of reduscing the loops to only three. That way it won't be too tedious on my part. Then I I will just hide it under the the original parts less the loops. The ribs on the wheels are a problem though, i can find no easier way of doing it.

Fishcarver

Great Work So Far!!

Carry on!! Your work so far is excellent!!

As regards the tracks, do not drive yourself carazy over them! (Unless, of course, you want to enter the model in a show....In that case, you are on your own!!)

Carry on!
Would like to see more!
Your Canadian friend,
Jim

J

Jim Nunn

Dell,

A real challenge for your first model and you are pulling it off very nicely. Looks like you are well past the novice stage.

Jim Nunn

Dell_Zantoz

As far as the wheels went, i di a short cut and only did the outer wheels. It saved me a lot of time doing just two sides instead of eight. If you don't look really close, u would not even see it. Thanx for all the encouragements and right now I am working on a re-scaled Yamato in 1:400 scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.