Inkscape 1.0

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Simple question, quick answer: Vectors.

:Grin:

InkScape is a vector program, similar to CorelDRAW, but it is completely free. This enables you to produce vector graphics (line drawings) or recolour vector images or PDFs with line drawing rather efficiently because you won't have to convert the drawings into bitmaps. This maintains the quality and sharpness of the original and keeps the file size small. My Viper Mk. I for example is a vector drawing (but I made it with Corel).

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I just loaded it on my lap top, what is it for?
Micah, it is a Vector Editor...I am sure you know what vector files are, but for those that don't a Vector Files best use is reduction and enlargement, enlarge as much as you want and the lines keep their smoothness...no jaggies!

What I love to do is to import PDF model files ( about 90% will import to Inkscape, just just have to give it a try), and once in there...if it's not just a raster image, select the page and you can ungroup it...that breaks it down so that you can edit the Model!!! You can change the fill colors...change the line width...change the line color etc etc....!!

I will take a model and delete all the text, delete the fold lines...change the line size, and delete the colors etc...then save off as a DXF Robocutter file, and send it to my Cameo Cutter!!! as I did in my Schammel Build HERE

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
And designing models Micah! Lots of YouTube videos to get you started. :)